Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but there has to be a better way to split the difference. I assume what made it hard to read on the thumbnails was that it was thinner letters. I'm sure there's got to be a font that looks nice and has thick letters.

I like the general look of it.
I do have to admit, though, that I first read the title as "Magic Ashtray" on both of the pictures. I was really confused, went back, thought "wait, a typo in "ashtray", then looked again and did a doubletake. :confused:

The title style of the second one appeals more to me - if you want a clearly-standing-out title, I prefer the ones that go with a black/dark grey band around the to somewhere. It also makes it lookmore like a part in a longer series or trilogy; it isn't yet but it will be, someday, hopefully :)

I like the general look of it.
I do have to admit, though, that I first read the title as "Magic Ashtray" on both of the pictures. I was really confused, went back, thought "wait, a typo in "ashtray", then looked again and did a doubletake. :confused:

The title style of the second one appeals more to me - if you want a clearly-standing-out title, I prefer the ones that go with a black/dark grey band around the to somewhere. It also makes it lookmore like a part in a longer series or trilogy; it isn't yet but it will be, someday, hopefully :)
Whoa. I thought Magic Ashtray was the title. I didn't notice it until I read your post.

Aw, did I miss the preview? I saw the thread at work but didn't check it out.

Oh well, guess I'll have to wait until the book actually comes out.

(ps: I am more than happy to proofread it for you. hint hint hint)

Status
Not open for further replies.