[TV] Talk about the last TV you watched, the catchall thread

Nov 27, 2008
I have now, and I still think he did it, I feel like his friend is lying.
That's what I gathered too.

Also, this is only tangentially related to Fallout, I wonder if Jonathan Nolan's thing will always be morally reprehensible evil main characters, because this is two in a row for him. The Ghoul shares A LOT of similarities with The Man in Black.

Nov 30, 2008
Aggieland
Just finished up Black Summer S1 and 2. Overall, we liked it okay. I liked that you had to piece together the narrative. The silly stuff like endless magazines was eye rolling. The big thing I didn't care for was the naming of the segments, and sometimes when they would go back in time to give back story they lingered on it a bit too much; too much retelling of the same story.
It was fun but I am not disappointed there isn't going to be a S3.
It started off strong. I especially liked their long tracking shots that show how even one zombie is dangerous. Season 2 was just a relentless slog filled with selfish and unlikeable characters.

• Brofist
Reactions: drawn_inward
Nov 27, 2008
Nebraska
Dead Boy Detectives on Netflix. They are from the Sandman universe--Edwin and Charles were introduced in the comics in Sandman: Season of Mists--and there's brief appearances by two of the Endless from the Sandman TV series. Basically a supernatural detective show that comes with complex backstory. It's quirky fun and much lighter in tone than Sandman, but it does get dark in a few places.

Chucky, Season 3

When I heard a TV series based on Chucky was coming, I didn't think it could work. But by God, I've loved this show.

It's also crazy how what started as a basic premise: child's doll possessed by a serial killer, has continued going for DECADES. With a continuing story across 7 in-continuity movies and now 3 seasons of a show.

The show just continually ramps up, and with this season set in the White House, it just gets more nuts from there.

Plus, the kills are gruesomely inventive every time. Sometimes the TV budget CG doesn't live up to the potential idea, but I appreciate the effort.

And the show has been incredibly progressive, with two male leads in a romance, and two key non-binary twin characters played by the same non-binary performer.

I don't know if Season 3 will be its last by I'll genuinely miss the show if it is. Especially with that wallop of a cliffhanger.

figmentPez

Staff member
Dec 6, 2008
SE Texas
I've been watching Letterkenny, and now I'm yearning for an actual Canadian Wolverine.

Wolverine: I've been thinkin', Summers, now that the Professor is gone, you've got to step up. Pitter patter.

Cyclops: Pitter what?

Wolverine: Pitter patter, get at 'er. Cuz if you don't, then you're gonna have a problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate.

• Funny
Reactions: Tinwhistler
Nov 27, 2008
Wolverine is from Cold Lake, Alberta in the 1890s. He wouldn't sound like a rural Ontarian.

He'd sound like Bret Hart.

figmentPez

Staff member
Dec 6, 2008
SE Texas
I've been watching Letterkenny, and now I'm yearning for an actual Canadian Wolverine.

Wolverine: I've been thinkin', Summers, now that the Professor is gone, you've got to step up. Pitter patter.

Cyclops: Pitter what?

Wolverine: Pitter patter, get at 'er. Cuz if you don't, then you're gonna have a problem with me. And I suggest you let that one marinate.
Sabertooth: Fuck you, Wolvie!

Wolverine: Fuck you, Creed. I fucked your mom so long and hard last night that she asked me if the Weapon X project put adamantium in my cock.

Omega Red: Fuck you, Wolvie!

Wolverine: Fuck you, commie! Try to fight me and you'll hit the ground harder than one of Putin's lackeys who checked out of a hotel via the window. Why don't you say hi to Mother Russia for me.

Sabertooth and Omega Red: Fuck you, Wolvie!

Wolverine: Fuck both of you! Following me around like stalkers, it's fucking pathetic. Just cuz I'm fucking your moms doesn't mean I'm gonna be your father. Give your balls a tug!

Reactions: GasBandit