HalFitness

Dec 7, 2008
Welp, I'm exhausted. I biked 28.66 KM today, from Dartmouth to Halifax, and rode the heck around Halifax for some errands.
Awesome!

Is the weather going to play nice for a while now? Or is it all nice until it gets cold again (which, I must admit, I have no idea when that would happen.)

Dec 7, 2008
Yesterday was a bit rough. I couldn't get in the right headspace for distance riding and got going late, which threw off my schedule for the rest of the day. Even when I got going, my focus wasn't great and I didn't really get centered. Because I was running late, I had to deal with more wind and darkness than I had originally wanted to. Spent more miles "annoyed cycling" than I care to admit. (Don't bike angry.)

christmas century 2024-04-14.jpg

(161.9 km)

As i seem to do every couple of months, I've been getting back into DDP Yoga. The app has new workout schedule options: Plus. Beginner Plus, Intermediate Plus, Advanced Plus. Basically the same level of progression, but with more workouts during the week. Fewer rest days. Which is fine for me, since I enjoy doing even a little bit of yoga every day. At least when I'm actively doing yoga.

Tonight, I did the 25-minute Fat Burner workout. It's a little more challenging than the intro 20-minute Energy as it incorporates more postures and more slow burn push-ups. But I did it.

I've also been incorporating blocks into my routine a little more. For example, I learned from another yoga program that I could have blocks under my hands for plank or even downward facing dog. It adds a new element that i hadn't tried before and gives me new challenges in postures I'm very familiar with.

I also figured out a way to engage my core more in almost every posture. Even just standing or in a lunge pose. My core is on fire by the time I'm done a workout and I love it.

Reactions: Simfers
Nov 27, 2008
East Texas
www.llandra.com
back when I was thin and young, I usually ate one meal a day. And everyone gave me hell over it. My most recent wife insisted on 3 squares a day, and I got to the biggest I've ever been.

On the diabetes meds, I'm back down to one meal a day, and when I told my doc about it she shrugged and went "That's basically intermittent fasting anyway and your blood work looks good"

heh

good luck on your new regime...it'll take some time for your body to get used to the new schedule.

back when I was thin and young, I usually ate one meal a day. And everyone gave me hell over it. My most recent wife insisted on 3 squares a day, and I got to the biggest I've ever been.

On the diabetes meds, I'm back down to one meal a day, and when I told my doc about it she shrugged and went "That's basically intermittent fasting anyway and your blood work looks good"

heh

good luck on your new regime...it'll take some time for your body to get used to the new schedule.
I'm usually okay with two meals. My biggest problem has ALWAYS been snacking. The snack machine at work, eating popcorn while watching a movie, having a BIG sweet tooth. I recognize it all adds up. And I stress eat. Or if I'm depressed, I just don't care what I eat.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2008
East Texas
www.llandra.com
View attachment 47378
Goal achieved--please try to ignore my ugly toenails lol
haven't posted in a while, because it seemed I was stuck at this weight for a couple months. So, the other day I finally decided to replace all my 2xl shirts in the closet with clothes that actually fit. Imagine my surprise when I was wearing a L and not the XL i thought I'd have dropped to.

So i decided to check...
1715871329800.png

haven't posted in a while, because it seemed I was stuck at this weight for a couple months. So, the other day I finally decided to replace all my 2xl shirts in the closet with clothes that actually fit. Imagine my surprise when I was wearing a L and not the XL i thought I'd have dropped to.

So i decided to check...
View attachment 48162
When I was that low, I could fit into some M sizes, depending on the brand.

Reactions: Tinwhistler
Dec 1, 2008
Other Fourth Coast, USA
A reminder to all here that a pound of fat contains something like 3200 calories, so losing a pound (of fat, not water weight) requires skipping almost two days' worth of caloric intake without triggering the body's starvation response AND without skipping your daily requirement of things like protein, vitamins/minerals, etc.

3.2lb/1.5kg weight loss over about a month is right on target with the whole recommended "aim for one pound per week" guideline.

--Patrick

• Agree
Reactions: Tinwhistler
A reminder to all here that a pound of fat contains something like 3200 calories, so losing a pound (of fat, not water weight) requires skipping almost two days' worth of caloric intake without triggering the body's starvation response AND without skipping your daily requirement of things like protein, vitamins/minerals, etc.

3.2lb/1.5kg weight loss over about a month is right on target with the whole recommended "aim for one pound per week" guideline.

--Patrick
If you see from the graph there, I've lost about 2 pounds just this week. I started intermittent fasting on Monday, and stopped going to the vending machine for snacks. And I've been doing more yoga and biking, so I'm burning more calories (between 3,300 and 4,300 a day). From my own experience, I often lose quite a bit of weight early into a new regime, and then it cools down and plateaus for awhile. So I feel like this first week, I'm on the right track.