GB's "I'm Messing with the media addon" test thread

GasBandit

Staff member
[DOUBLEPOST=1471651307,1471651191][/DOUBLEPOST]
I don't get it. It's working fine for me. Are you clearing your web cache before you browse back to test?

--Patrick
Definitely not working. You can tell because the new format has a white background, like this. Our albums still have the black background and cut off the bottom, even from an incognito window.

Dec 1, 2008
Other Fourth Coast, USA
What? In your screenshot that video seems pretty much the right size, no? It used to be smaller than the avatars.
Small? No. Twitter videos have always appeared just like that for me. Full width, but 1/2 height, and clicking the "play" button plays the entire video just like that, as if I was watching it while it was stuffed into an envelope.

--Patrick

Small? No. Twitter videos have always appeared just like that for me. Full width, but 1/2 height, and clicking the "play" button plays the entire video just like that, as if I was watching it while it was stuffed into an envelope.

--Patrick
Huh. I had them appear in post stamp size for a while, now they're back to full size; often "cut off" like that but just clicking on them enlarges to full view. Odd

Dave

Staff member
Nov 26, 2008
Omaha
The backend of this site is a rat's nest of addons, most of which aren't updated, some of which have been discontinued completely, and it's like walking through a minefield because I'm worried if I click the wrong thing I'll un-anon every anonymous post or trash everybody's bookmarks or something.
So you're saying I haven't known what the hell I was doing? Duh. I've said that from the beginning.

GasBandit

Staff member
[DOUBLEPOST=1471714513,1471714473][/DOUBLEPOST]
Why can't I see YouTube embeds any more?

--Patrick
Dunno, works for me.... can you see this one?[DOUBLEPOST=1471714966][/DOUBLEPOST]
Is it to you I need to complain about there not being an "end" to albums anymore? They just wrap around and start from the top :p
That's all on imgur, those bastards.

GasBandit

Staff member
Yes.
Whichever one I was talking about was something I couldn't see in page view, even though replying to the message DID properly include the [MEEDIA]y0UtuB3iD;time=blah[/MEEDIA] blob.

--Patrick
You might have been looking at it while I was working on it, and loaded that page during the magical 10 seconds between me renaming the old PHP file and uploading the new one. During that brief few seconds, no media on the site worked.