Former President Trump Thread

Stop it! We mean it for real this time! The tenth time is the final warning!
To be fair (but why?), in this case it makes more sense than "we do the same thing 10 times and hope something changes".
He was fined for the first nine all in one go, and was then told further infringements could theoretically lead to jail time. This tenth violation, though, pre-dates that "final warning" so it makes sense to judge it the same way as the previous ones. Any further violation after the verdict on those first nine should be considered willful etc etc and see him locked up.
Of course, a) despite it making sense, such leniency is never extended to any Juan or DeVon before a judge and b) I very seriously doubt Merchan will ever actually go through with it.

Meanwhile, in another trial, Cannon has taken the press attention being on Stormy to bury the confidential documents trial pretty much indefinitely.
Can you imagine if Hillary had ever seen a court room for her email server (LOCK HER UP) and the judge behaved anything like this? It'd have been a Deep State cover-up and an absolute blow up in right wing media a thousand times.

GasBandit

Staff member

FTOP:
Trump's Classified Docs trial has been long delayed by endless motions which Judge Cannon is all too willing to grant delays for.

This Thursday was the deadline for Trump's Attorneys to submit a list of which classified documents they want to present as evidence at the trial.

Last week the FBI disclosed that some of the classified documents might not be in the original order they were in in the boxes that Trump had them in. The FBI went through each box, removed each classified document, placed it in an marked folder since it was CLASSIFIED, and returned the folders to the box. However, they said they can't guarantee they were returned in the exact same order. Likewise, the Special Master, which Trump insisted on to review the documents, may have changed the order in a box.

Trump's attorneys are arguing that they need more time to "assess how this affects the evidence". I'll help them out: NOT AT ALL.

This clearly has NO MATERIAL EFFECT on the documents, where they were found at Trump's, and what box they found in. The judge could simply have ruled that. Instead, she just ordered an indefinite delay.

Why? Because she really, really wants this trial to get pushed out past November.

GasBandit

Staff member

GasBandit

Staff member
Stormy Daniels completed her testimony in Trump’s election interference trial involving falsified business records. In more than seven hours of testimony over two days, Daniels described meeting Trump, details of their alleged sexual encounter in 2006, and the $130,000 hush money payment. Trump’s lawyers, meanwhile, repeatedly attacked Daniels for trying to monetize her story about Trump with a book, a tour of strip clubs, and merchandise. “Not unlike Mr. Trump,” Daniels replied. Judge Juan Merchan also denied Trump’s second request for a mistrial and declined to modify Trump’s gag order so he could respond publicly to Daniels’ testimony. Nevertheless, Trump attacked Merchan outside the courtroom, saying: “This judge, what he did, and what his ruling was, is a disgrace.” Trump added: “We’re so innocent, there’s never been anything like it.” (NPR / New York Times / Politico / Associated Press / CNN / Washington Post / ABC News / NBC News / Bloomberg / Wall Street Journal / CNBC)

They already are.

Why do I feel like this is a slippery slope to worse things?

"Why we need to wear diapers! We should be allowed to defecate in public!"

And then it becomes "No I didn't throw poop at them! Since I can defecate wherever I want, I should be allowed to put it wherever I want!"

They're already howling monkeys as it is. Might as well go all the way with it.

GasBandit

Staff member
Michael Cohen testified that Trump directed him to personally make the $130,000 hush payment to Stormy Daniels because her story would be “catastrophic” for his campaign. During testimony in Trump’s election interference trial involving falsified business records, Cohen described his role at the Trump Organization as essentially “whatever” Trump “wanted.” Cohen testified that Trump instructed him to “just do it” – referring to the $130,000 payment to Stormy Daniels – when he learned that Daniels was looking to sell her story about their alleged affair in 2006. “I thought you took care of this,” Trump told Cohen. “I thought this was under control. This is a disaster, a total disaster. Women will hate me […] this is going to be a disaster for the campaign.” Trump later instructed Cohen to “just take care of it,” but to drag out negotiations as long as possible to “just get past the election. I win, it has no relevance because I’m president, and if I lose, I don’t really care.” (New York Times / NBC News / CNN / Washington Post / Politico / Bloomberg / Associated Press)

• An aide to Trump’s 2016 campaign alleges that the campaign intentionally obscured settlement payments to women who made discrimination or harassment claims in violation of federal law. “A.J. Delgado’s filing presented evidence of top Trump attorney Marc Kasowitz openly admitting that the campaign wanted to use a law firm to cover up a potential settlement payout in 2017. The arrangement, as Delgado described it, appears specifically designed to evade the consequences of federal disclosure laws that require campaigns to publicly report the identities of payment recipients.” (Daily Beast / Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington)
  • Trump may face a $100 million IRS bill after an audit suggests he double-dipped on tax losses tied to a Chicago skyscraper. The first write-off came on Trump’s tax return for 2008, when he claimed that the investment met the tax code definition of “worthless,” because his debt on the project meant he would never see a profit. Trump claimed as much as $651 million in losses on the project. In 2010, Trump then he shifted the company that owned the tower into a new partnership and used the shift as justification to declare $168 million in additional losses over the next decade. (New York Times / ProPublica)

• I'm shocked. Shocked! ... not that shocked.
Reactions: Celt Z
Nov 28, 2008
Why do I feel like this is a slippery slope to worse things?

"Why we need to wear diapers! We should be allowed to defecate in public!"

And then it becomes "No I didn't throw poop at them! Since I can defecate wherever I want, I should be allowed to put it wherever I want!"

They're already howling monkeys as it is. Might as well go all the way with it.
The real origin of the "Planet of the apes"

GasBandit

Staff member
Democrats on the House Oversight Committee launched an investigation into the meeting where Trump promised oil executives he’d repeal regulations intended to lower climate emissions if they contributed $1 billion to his 2024 campaign. At a Mar-a-Lago fundraising dinner, Trump reportedly told nine oil executives that giving him $1 billion would be a “deal” because of the taxes and regulations they’d avoid. (Washington Post / The Guardian)

Dec 1, 2008
Other Fourth Coast, USA
Just a gallery to help you with the "both sides are bad" crowd

There has to be a list compiled somewhere of all the promises Trump has made for when he is elected, like the "dictator for a day" and the "immediate shutdown of offshore wind farms" and the other short-sighted, quid pro quo stuff like that.

At this point, I've converted from my stance that the people voting for Trump are doing so because of the whole "temporarily embarrassed [m|b]illionaire" thing. Instead, I now believe that the primary reason a Trump voter is voting for Trump is literally because they believe that their reward for installing Trump in office is that it will entitle them (those voters) the privilege to ignore the Rule of Law, at which point a lot of people are going to start dying, either due to outright revolt, or because of the policy changes that will go into effect. Or both. Probably both.

Think about this when you see someone wearing a golden diaper, or with a "Trump 2024" sticker in their window. This is an icon which effectively proclaims, "I sure wish I didn't have to follow any laws, because if I didn't, I have a long list of sins I'm just waiting for an excuse to commit." They don't want Freedom. They want Open Season declared on everything they don't like.

--Patrick

Last edited:
  • Agree
Dec 1, 2008
Other Fourth Coast, USA
someone wearing a golden diaper, or with a "Trump 2024" sticker in their window. This is an icon which effectively proclaims, "I sure wish I didn't have to follow any laws, because if I didn't, I have a long list of sins I'm just waiting for an excuse to commit." They don't want Freedom. They want Open Season declared on everything they don't like.
...aaaand today I learnt about this:

redflag.png

reddit link
"A flag flown by members of the alt-right meant to signify their willingness to use violence against their opponents. Liberals, homosexuals, transgender people, vaccinated people, etc. You should really be careful around someone flying that flag, they could be dangerous."
Sooo....yeah.

--Patrick

Nov 28, 2008
Dallas-ish
www.philrigney.com
...aaaand today I learnt about this:

View attachment 48163
reddit link

Sooo....yeah.

--Patrick
The first time I saw that flag I was delivering an edible arrangement to a very high end neighborhood back in Texas.

Like... You can't disrespect the flag but you can use it as a warning to your neighbors that you would kill them if given the chance. #JustPatriotThings

• Brofist
Nov 26, 2008
The first time I saw that flag I was delivering an edible arrangement to a very high end neighborhood back in Texas.

Like... You can't disrespect the flag but you can use it as a warning to your neighbors that you would kill them if given the chance. #JustPatriotThings
So basically if they can’t have a Confederate flag…