2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine

Everyone who chooses the path of evil destroys himself. Who sends columns of troops to destroy the lives of another country and cannot stop them from fleeing and betraying when life resists. Who terrorizes with missiles, and when they are shot down, humiliates himself to receive Shahed drones. Who despises people and throws hundreds of thousands into the war, in order to eventually barricade himself in the Moscow region from those whom he himself armed. For a long time, Russia used propaganda to mask its weakness and the stupidity of its government. And now there is so much chaos that no lie can hide it. And all this is one person, who again and again scares by the year 1917, although he is able to result in nothing else but this. Russia's weakness is obvious. Full-scale weakness. And the longer Russia keeps its troops and mercenaries on our land, the more chaos, pain, and problems it will have for itself later. It is also obvious. Ukraine is able to protect Europe from the spread of Russian evil and chaos. We keep our resilience, unity and strength. All our commanders, all our soldiers know what to do. Glory to Ukraine!

Watch the video this morning from Prigozhin after they took over that military building in Rostov and he seemed to make it out that one of the reasons they took it was to get the official numbers on Russian losses. I guess even he was in the dark about how bad they were doing in Ukraine.

As much as I worry about what this guy would do if he came into power, at the very least he has been consistent in messaging that the Ukraine war was a mistake and that so many Russian soldiers died for nothing. We won't know what really happens though until the smoke clears.

I see a lot people assume that Prigoschin wants to get rid of Putin and replace him. I don't think that this was ever his plan. He believes the leaders of the russian military are the problem. They poisoned Putin with false information and are the reason so many of the Wagner troops died. He probably thought Putin will back him up.

No, but when Putin declared Prigozihn a criminal and mutinous and Wagner shot down so many aircraft, it seemed like a clash of some sort was inevitable. Fuckin' Lukashenko apparently.

Putin comes out of this looking pathetic and weak though and as is Russian custom, that's worse than anything.

Due to the fact that the leader of Belarus was the one that negotiated the stop and that Wagner is, at least for all intents and purposes, being exiled to Belarus, makes me think that he offered them a shit ton of money and amnesty in his country to basically protect his best boy Putin, or at least prevent a massive destabilization event that could affect his own country.

I still don't think Putin is going to let this go though, I won't be surprised if the leaders of Wagner end up tragically shooting themselves in the back of the head or falling out of windows. Belarus isn't going to protect them that much.

I get tweet unavailable. Mind summerizing?
A Russian commander recently was (presumably) assassinated during his daily run. Said commander would often post his exercise on Strava (a fitness app that records times/routes). One of his last routes was liked by someone with a user name that's the same as Kyrylo Budanov, Ukraine's chief of military intelligence. Article with more info.

figmentPez

Staff member
Russian hackers allegedly took down AO3 with a DDOS attack, framing Islamic groups in the process, in an attempt to stir up Islamaphobia in the West and convince Middle Eastern countries to side with Russia in any upcoming conflict.

At another time in my life, I would swear this guy is breaking out the tinfoil. But lately? This is ,"... naw, that checks.".

Been watching this story as it develops, mainly due to my respect for AO3 as probably the closest thing to a true “safe space” online. This would be like if some group of hackers tried to take Weird Al’s site offline due to sacrilegious references to “the foods” and make it look like it was done in the name of Martha Stewart and Paula Deen.

—Patrick