2020pocalypse

Nov 26, 2008
Don't forget their is a 4% chance of a Coranal Mass Ejection this year that could wipe out all electronic and electrical equipment and send us back to 17th century level technology.
Worked out well in The Worlds End.

Jan 1, 2011
Saskatchewan
While I agree with the song's sentiment...

Those are singing robots, aren't they? You put a quarter in and get a bad song?

Dave

Staff member
Nov 26, 2008
Omaha
Dave once told Gordon Lightfoot that when he sings The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald he should "smile more".
I said nothing at all sexist like they should "smile more". What I was insinuating was exactly what Emrys said. They have ZERO charisma or presence for a singing group. No stage presentation. No emotion at all. Performers, you know, perform. I've seen better energy and emotion from a broken chair being yelled at by Dirty Harry.

Nov 30, 2008
Sunny California
I said nothing at all sexist like they should "smile more". What I was insinuating was exactly what Emrys said. They have ZERO charisma or presence for a singing group. No stage presentation. No emotion at all. Performers, you know, perform. I've seen better energy and emotion from a broken chair being yelled at by Dirty Harry.
Do you know what “low-key” means? It was a deliberate choice to convey the mood of the song.

It was a joke about people singing a song about things that suck not showing enthusiasm.

Man, this board is a tough crowd sometimes.