Zelda BOTW Thread

I basically "zapped" most of the way through via master sword beam
...Wow, I just remembered that was a thing, I've played most of the game totally forgetting it could do that. Granted, I generally played it with the mindset of something like "Do I more hearts than I can count on one hand (and this isn't a boss)? Ok, I'm good", which doesn't work well with needing to be a full health to use that ability.

I’m wondering when this game becomes fun.

So far I’m just being constantly reminded that I should never buy Dark Souls.

I’m wondering when this game becomes fun.

So far I’m just being constantly reminded that I should never buy Dark Souls.
It requires you to not assume combat is trivial, which can take some getting used to if you're used to just destroying everything in past zelda games. Once you get a handle on the combat it's not that hard, though.

Wish I hadn't bought it on Wii-U and just waited and got it for Switch. My Wii-U is tucked away and I just can't be bothered to hook it back up. I'm also loathe to buy games more than once.

I too want to finish it since all I had left to do was Hyrule Castle and some shrine hunting. And the DLC, which I bought.

Wish I hadn't bought it on Wii-U and just waited and got it for Switch. My Wii-U is tucked away and I just can't be bothered to hook it back up. I'm also loathe to buy games more than once.

I too want to finish it since all I had left to do was Hyrule Castle and some shrine hunting. And the DLC, which I bought.
When the final DLC came out, I picked it back up... and was promptly getting pwned by everything. I decided to start anew, which worked, and went through the whole thing. Was fun the 2nd time too.

"Pro" tip: Don't wait to go to Hyrule Castle until the end of the game. There's some really great loot in there (royal guard weapons) that's useful in the harder areas like Gerudo Highlands and Hebra. The main thing is you have to know how to either fight, or avoid stationary guardians. Once you can do that, you're good for exploring most of it, since you can do most of the interior without fighting those.

Also, one tip above all other: UPGRADE YOUR ARMOUR. Get to be those faeries' best friend. Each point of defense is literally one-quarter less damage you take from every hit from everything (except lynel explosions, which pierce armor.. either that or those explosions are nuts), minimum 1/4 heart damage. So an armor rating of 10 means each hit from a weapon of 10 or under does 1/4 heart only. A weapon which does 20 (5 full hearts) would only do 2.5 hearts damage per hit to you. By endgame your rating can be in the 80s, but it makes a HUGE difference to survivability.