Zaptronic Comics - Goldskull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zappit

Staff member
So no new four panel gag strips this week - but here's the pilot of my Goldskull comic, which I don't believe I ever posted here in its entirety.

Necronic

Staff member
I've really liked all the stuff you've done so far, this included. I think you have a real talent for this. Your art is clean and consistent, your jokes are pretty solid.

One thing with this though, and take it with a grain of salt because it may just be my own confirmation bias, but this dude reminds me of Deadpool, in both how he looks and how he talks. The last panel thing is like his 4th wall breaking deal. But, like I said, I tend to see Deadpool everywhere, so that may be my issue.

Edit: And a free joke for you if you want it (or if it wasn't intentional). Gold is one of the softest metals around. So, you know, soft skull, brain damage, etc etc.

Bowie's right; I knew somrthingwas bugging me but I hadn't looked again....

That aside, I liked it. Though I've never read Deadpool, so I can't compare :p

Freakin' love it dude! And I like how he's a little Deadpoolish, but he's got his own style going on to make him his own guy. Does he have powers or is he just a straight up gun guy?

Zappit

Staff member
Goldskull was a no power guy. Actually, my original plan was to make the whole superhero persona a cover for his job as an assassin. It turned out to be a dumb idea, and I scrapped Goldskull entirely, and am currently crafting a universe for his spiritual successor to inhabit.

Zappit

Staff member
It would have a new character essentially replacing Goldskull, but the personality would be the same.

And my post was just meant as a gentle reminder that it wasn't new content and probably shouldn't be treated as such!

Also, my comment wasn't on this particular strip, but on Zappit's overall tendancy to get all fired up about multiple projects at a time.

I wanna see him stick with a strip long enough for it to catch on and make him the talented bazillionaire we know he will become.

Speaking which and totally off track, we've got some high achieving mofos in this place. Ph.D.s, published authors, etc...

Zappit

Staff member
Also, my comment wasn't on this particular strip, but on Zappit's overall tendancy to get all fired up about multiple projects at a time.

I wanna see him stick with a strip long enough for it to catch on and make him the talented bazillionaire we know he will become.
Yeah, I do really have a problem with that, don't I? That's always been my biggest issue, too many ideas and not nearly enough time. The only strip I really was able to stick with was Cute Ninja Girls, and I had a partner on that comic.

Really, if I had a colorist, someone to gimme a kick in the ass to keep me focused, I could run with an idea forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.