Zap's Miscellaneous

Zappit

Staff member
I just won the MTG Salvation forum's September art contest. The challenge was to design a planeswalker as a superhero.

Granted, I was the only one to enter this month...

Zappit

Staff member
Piece contributed to Smogon's Create-a-Card Project. Total time: three hours.

I will make February my bitch.

From what I've heard, Imgur has gotten pretty aggressive with its image compression (unless you have a Pro account). Before, it only compressed images over 1 MB, but it seems it now compresses pretty much everything by default except for images with transparency. I still like it a lot, but it's something to keep in mind.

Zappit

Staff member
So these Pokemon drawings kinda turned into something. I shared them over at Smogon, the big competitive Pokemon forum, and about two days later I was invited to be a contributing artist for their digital magazine. No pay, as it's all volunteer, but it might be fun, so what the hell.

Here's the first piece I'm contributing.

Zappit

Staff member
This happened when I learned Nintendo bungled the release of Fire Emblem, and it's not out yet...

Zappit

Staff member
Well, I do art for Smogon, a popular competitive Pokemon website, so that's why you're seeing so much of that.

Zappit

Staff member
So I'm trying a few different things with digital painting. I'm not crazy about it, but this is an early run at it for my colorblind ass.

Zappit

Staff member
Just found this. I know it was a zombie caricature of a forumite...Image boards era, I think? I can't remember who it was.