Zap’s Next Project Development Thread

Reactions
477 56 0
You probably read that Supervillainous is wrapping up in the near future, and I don’t want to wait long before launching a new project. I thought I’d dump sketches, concept art, WIP pages, etc...So, here’s the first ones.

I’m leaning towards black and white because I want to focus more on my line work and textures. I miss that, and have been slipping a bit of it into recent SV strips. The Apple Pencil has had an effect. But, just for the hell of it, I threw on a little color, just to see what it might look like.

I’m not quite as crazy about it this way, but it doesn’t look awful. Some storylines would benefit from a bit of color, too. It’s a hard decision.

Reactions
477 56 0
Playing around with Procreate as an inking program. I think I like it a lot, but I still prefer sketching in other apps.

Reactions
477 56 0
I’m completely serious when I say Procreate has made all the difference in the world for this next project. That line variation is so EASY to achieve with really good control. I’m in art-love with it.

Reactions
2,681 772 25
I’m completely serious when I say Procreate has made all the difference in the world for this next project. That line variation is so EASY to achieve with really good control. I’m in art-love with it.
Here's hoping you have lots of art-babies with it, and let us visit.

--Patrick

Reactions
477 56 0
I have signed up for Spiderforest's next anthology project, and will be producing an original short-story comic. That won't be out for quite awhile, but it will be the first opportunity to get one of my works in print once that Kickstarter launches. I'm going to be giving that a good portion of my artistic attention, and it will help prep me for the new webcomic a bit more. I'm a bit excited, because I've wanted to do this story for a long time now, and it's one that I always thought was pretty good. It just never fit in with any of my other projects.

Reactions
477 56 0

I think I’ve nailed down the design for the protagonist of my next comic, as well as the wristwatch-like gadget that will play a MAJOR role in the comic.