Your favorite guilty/disgusting food pleasure.

So, I am making one of my favorite dishes I would never ever serve one of my friends and I was wondering, am I the only one who loves a particular dish but would never
let someone else partake in it?

The dish I am making is some kind of meat soup/sludge?

1 Diced Onion
1 Clove Garlic
1 lb. ground Beef
2 Cups of broccoli
1 can of Sweet Corn
2-3 Tbs. Cream Cheese
Curry Powder
optional: Some kind of sharp cheese

Sautee Onions and Garlic, brown meat and then add everything except for the cream cheese and curry.
Cook till soft, add cream cheese(and the sharp cheese if using) and curry powder, salt and pepper to taste, and you are done.

Last edited:
I love to squirt lemon juice on my banana bread (or cranberry juice on my lemon poppyseed) before eating it. The extra sour just makes it taste so good.
Also yellow mustard on toast/Ritz/saltines.

—Patrick

Back when I was a university student, I had this thing where I'd toss random ingredients into a pot of water and turn it into a soup. Whatever was available in the fridge or freezer, I'd throw it in. Occasionally it'd turn out awesome, but usually it just ended up being a passable meal. I enjoyed cooking and eating it, but I would never allow anyone to see me doing it, or serve it to anyone else.

Like, for example, I remember one time I made a soup out of sliced ham, breaded scampi, romaine lettuce, frozen corn, a couple of tomatoes, and an egg. With some soy sauce for flavor. I loved it.

Dave

Staff member
So, I am making one of my favorite dishes I would never ever serve one of my friends and I was wondering, am I the only one who loves a particular dish but would never
let someone else partake in it?

The dish I am making is some kind of meat soup/sludge?

Diced Onions
Garlic
Ground Beef
Broccoli
Sweet Corn
Cream Cheese
Curry Powder

Sautee Onions and Garlic, brown meat and then add everything except for the cream cheese and curry.
Cook till soft add cheese and curry powder and you are done.
So how much of each and how spicy does it turnout to be?

For a while, I liked twizzlers dipped in nacho cheese... but I grew out of it.
I’ll bet you still wax nostalgic about sausages baked in BBQ sauce.

Also my standard drink when eating at a fast food place is to fill my cup with 1/3 MtDew/MelYel and 2/3 fruit punch, then finish it off with a splash of lemonade/ginger ale/peach tea/whatever for flavor.

And my alternate is 1/2 root beer, 1/2 orange soda.

—Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Mmmmm... peanut butter and honey sandwiches... with the PB and honey absolutely whipped into a froth before put on the bread...

Back when I was a university student, I had this thing where I'd toss random ingredients into a pot of water and turn it into a soup. Whatever was available in the fridge or freezer, I'd throw it in. Occasionally it'd turn out awesome, but usually it just ended up being a passable meal. I enjoyed cooking and eating it, but I would never allow anyone to see me doing it, or serve it to anyone else.

Like, for example, I remember one time I made a soup out of sliced ham, breaded scampi, romaine lettuce, frozen corn, a couple of tomatoes, and an egg. With some soy sauce for flavor. I loved it.

So how much of each and how spicy does it turnout to be?
Updated the recipie. It isnt spicy it all, since the curry powder we use in Germany just gives it this "India" flavor and the yellow color, but it isnt spicy. You can add sriracha if you want.

iloveloaf.jpg

SO good, especially on a kaiser roll.

Also sometimes when I am running late for work I'll just take about a handful of shredded 4-cheese, pour mustard on top of it, and call it breakfast, especially if I follow it with a hot dog.

--Patrick

I'm laughing my ass off remembering these. Don't know if "favorite" is the right word, but if I wrote a recipe-based biography all these guys would be in it, and I still like them.

My staple dinner during my first 2 years of college was a rice bowl (Dollar General instant) with canned tuna and ketchup, usually topped with a handful of mini-pretzels (either crushed in there or to use as "scoops"). I also experimented with putting off-brand Frosted Flakes in there, but the sugar was too much (the pretzels had the salt crystals on 'em). I now have it less than once a year.

While I was bulking in college, I would get the 10lb tubes of ground beef from Sam's Club (had friends with a membership) and pre-slice them into 1lb chunks. I would then microwave the meat until grey (no kitchen), pick it up using two slices of cold bulk american cheese, and eat it dipped in ketchup. Occasionally miss the overall texture.

Can of sardines in mustard sauce, drained and emptied between two pieces of cheap white bread. Great sandwich that I can make in a hurry (<60s) that actively gets worse the more you try to do to it--better bread, toasting it, adding condiments, ... all for naught. I rarely buy that type of bread these days, but when I do it's time for these guys.

Back during my mid/late college years, I would make these big bowls of rice and add a bunch of bulk cheese (cheddar or mozzarella, whatever I had), then some sort of sauce (usually Valentina yellow or RedHot) and mix it all into a stringy reddish mess. I get a hankering for it occasionally, though I use better cheeses and brown rice.

Not really "disgusting" per se, but I'm pretty wary about serving my allioli to people. Raw egg and garlic breath/burps for hours isn't for everyone.

When no one is looking, I like to take a Skor bar and chocolate milk and eat them at the same time like Cookie Monster.

chicken livers, gizzards and hearts. I don't consider this a disgusting food, but evidently plenty of others do.

Also a big fan of lengua and tripas tacos (beef tongue and tripe) as well as beef heart stew.

tacos small.jpg

(shown: chrizo, lengua, and tripas tacos)

Last edited:
I don't do this anymore, but as an undergrad cooking for himself I used to:

brown ground beef (probably 80/20) with S&P, garlic powder and onion powder
add 2 cans of refried beans and mix that up
add 1 jar of hot Pace salsa, mix
add half a block of velveeta and mix that up until melted

I would make a big batch of this and eat it all week with tortillas, toast, chips or by itself.

Nowadays, the closest I get to that would be going to the Taco Bell about once every 2 months.

I think I've mentioned it before but here goes:

Pasta mixed with egregious amounts of paprika, chili powder, crushed red pepper, sriracha, and soy sauce. The carbs + salt are a guaranteed food coma.

I came across this combo when I just moved into my new apartment and hadn't gone food shopping yet.

fade

Staff member
When I was a kid, I used to like dunking white bread in Kool-Aid. I still like bread in milk, but that's not weird. Haven't done Kool-Aid since leaving for college, though.

Echoing the love for offal. Offal meat is the best meat.

Also, Durian. I've had it only once, but I loved it...unlike all my other friends who were trying it with me, who couldn't get it down.

In actual "weird combination" stuff, my mom used to make rice pudding...except with pasta (macaroni elbows) instead of rice. So leftover cooked pasta heated through in milk with cinnamon and sugar. I've not had it since I was like, twelve, but man, that was my favorite dessert ever. Now that I've typed it out, I guess it doesn't seem that weird, but my friend were always weirded out by it when I mentioned having it for dessert the night before.

Back when I used to live in Houston, I would get the steak and kidney pot pie at the Mucky Duck. It doesn't look like they have it any more :(