Yet another plea for Photoshop help.

Dave

Staff member
I've tried to "git gud" with Photoshop and I just can't.

Okay, so I'm getting close to affiliate status with Twitch so I want to clean things up & make my page look good. I want to use a specific image for my "Old Guy Gaming" page. It's from a banner that Checkeredhat made, but he hasn't been around since 2015 :)().

The image is:

checkeredhat_banner_final.jpg

I want to isolate the old guy to use as an icon. For example, there's a guy name SpartanStu23 that has a killer logo that looks amazing for his headers:

2018-08-14_11-40-51.png

Looks great, right? (Oh, and right now he's playing a NO PAUSE RimWorld game. Crazy bastard.)

I want to isolate the old guy for my column headers. If someone could help I'd certainly pay whatever you think is reasonable. Well, as long as I think it's reasonable as well...

You know the forum went and resized all of those to 1000px max, right?

Also, for what it's worth, this image is the one that looks like it is the closest to the original. All the rest have artifacting from being enlarged/transcoded/etc...and the linked image is, of course, restricted to 1000px wide because of the forum image processing software. Can you upload the original somewhere more downloadable?

--Patrick

The third one (this one) still seems to have the most fidelity, but it's still being mushed to 1000px. Unless it was already 1000px to start with? Was it?

Also, for this sort of icon, what you really need isn't Photoshop help, but Illustrator help (or whatever your vector app of choice might be).

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
I think it might have been made to conform with the 1000px. But I've had all of these for so long and I downloaded them from this site. I don't think I have the original from checkeredhat from a decade or so ago. :-(

I think it might have been made to conform with the 1000px. But I've had all of these for so long and I downloaded them from this site. I don't think I have the original from checkeredhat from a decade or so ago. :-(
Well you're in luck, because Google apparently remembers the full 1763x325 version.
The properties say 1763x325
They do, but the file has obviously been recompressed because yours has noticeably more artifacting. The one I attach here is the cleanest one Google could find.

Oh, and don't worry about the security warning thing you might get while unzipping it. You don't need to add the encryption key or whatever to your store, that's just an issue when moving ZIP files back and forth between PC<->Mac.

--Patrick

Attachments