Yahoo Fantasy Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want to join the HF House of Frozen Pain?
http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/176658

League ID: 176658
pw: halforums

I have it set to autodraft, unless we can get enough people who want a live draft. Either way, it's best to set your own draft order. If we keep it as autodraft, we won't find out the draft order until after it is done. Yahoo says that the draft order will be revealed 30 minutes before a live draft. A live draft should best be done on a weekend (Sunday?). Otherwise, I would prefer to give you as much time as possible to set your draft pick order and start the autodraft at noon Atlantic time on September 28, leaving us 2.5 days to look over your team before the official start of the season.

Any objections/comments?

Signed up. I'd be up for a live draft, just can't be on a Sunday, and preferably not on the 26 although that could be hard. What about a Friday night?

I'm in. I'd prefer to do a live draft, but finding a time when everyone's available would likely make it difficult, and autodraft is probably going to work out about as well.

Should be fun!

I'm in. I'd prefer to do a live draft, but finding a time when everyone's available would likely make it difficult, and autodraft is probably going to work out about as well.

Should be fun!
if the Yahoo football is any indication, at least we'll all be equally fucked by the autopicker.

Q

Qonas

In, and we absolutely need a live draft. The only nights I won't be able to be around to draft are Tuesdays. Otherwise, I'm good.

I've changed it to a live draft, currently scheduled for Friday, 25 September, at 7pm PDT. If this doesn't work for you, say so here and let us know when you can't participate. We have 5 teams of a possible 16. I think we had a full 16 teams last time we played 2 or 3 years ago.

B

BErt

I'm in, and we did have 16 teams last time, but that was Crun's hockey zombie league...I don't know that we'll get the same turnout.

Reminder: live draft is this Friday, 25 Sept, 7pm PDT, we have 6 teams so far, we can hold 16 total.

I won't be there, but I knew that coming into the league, I have an activity with our church's High School Youth group (yes, I'm a part-time youth director) that will have me running around town at the time of the draft.

No reason not to ride Thornton and Heatley for the regular season, though. I can't imagine any scenario where they won't rack up truly ridiculous point totals for me, barring injury.

And then they can choke in the first round and I can feel smug about Heatley's trade demand.

It's win/win!

I am jealous of your Shark players, if you're interested in trades, even though loyalty should be avoided in fantasy sports.

Q

Qonas

klew.

Buddy.

Friend.

Guy.

Loyalty must ALWAYS be avoided in fantasy sports. 100%. It clouds your unbiased judgment and won't allow you to fully see sit/starts, possible stats, etc. Don't do it. Resist. Fight the fandom! :p

Loyalty must ALWAYS be avoided in fantasy sports. 100%. It clouds your unbiased judgment and won't allow you to fully see sit/starts, possible stats, etc. Don't do it. Resist. Fight the fandom! :p
It can be justified when they are good performers.

BAH! Stupid Yahoo Fantasy! Cam Ward got an assist last night, and because he's a Goalie I'm losing the point.

Q

Qonas

Charlie Does Win......except against me in fantasy sports. Especially hockey. :D

How about that, squeaked into the playoffs on the last day, then pulling off the complete run to the Championship. I'm a happy hockey fan right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.