xTreme feminism!

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, even Charlie gets confused and thinks that feminism = misandry.

If you were paying attention, my argument was that hatred breeds hatred. Both misogyny and misandry are stumbling blocks to feminism because either type of hatred only encourages more distrust between the sexes. Racism harms civil rights, period, because hated based on race (regardless of what race is being hated) only encourages distrust between the races. It is only a small minority of voices that promote misandry within feminism, and only a small minority of voices within civil rights that promote racism, but vocal minorities can still have an impact.
I've noticed that Charlie doesn't really respond to posts like these to further explain his position, which is why I pass him off as a troll. He's great at turning his nose in the air and making sure you whiff his fart wafting through the air; however, I have yet to experience any meat (pun intended) behind the snarky comments.

figmentPez

Staff member
Pez, both this post and the long-ish one before it is the most concise and accurate way I've ever seen that sentiment expressed. Actually I struggle to think of any other time I've seen the actual correlation stated. Thanks.
Thank you.

that post is just doubling down on the whole "minority bigots are a huge problem" thing. I never said they weren't a problem, just that.. you know. the majority holding them down is a much bigger problem.

that post is just doubling down on the whole "minority bigots are a huge problem" thing. I never said they weren't a problem, just that.. you know. the majority holding them down is a much bigger problem.
No one here is claiming otherwise, particularly not Pez. Or to put it another way, there's a reason why MLK Jr.'s message resonated so much more with the majority than Malcolm X's.

at least Malcolm X led to slightly better gun control
Wow. With one sentence you completely dismiss the accomplishments of Martin Luther king and the vast majority of what Malcolm X's efforts resulted in.

It is staggering how you go around telling everyone else what their faults are when you appear to suffer from them a hundred fold.

Wow. With one sentence you completely dismiss the accomplishments of Martin Luther king and the vast majority of what Malcolm X's efforts resulted in.

It is staggering how you go around telling everyone else what their faults are when you appear to suffer from them a hundred fold.
I was being flippant, christ

Dave

Staff member
Lay off Charlie, man! Can't a dude even joke around without getting attacked?

Chuck! Use more smilies or something! People can't tell when you are serious and when you are joking!

Have you guys thought that maybe, just maybe WE JUST DON'T THINK HE'S FUNNY? Even if he's "joking", it always feels slimy and holier-than-thou to me.
You're totally right in not feeling he's funny, just understand that he's not 100% serious in his posts and it is slimy and holier-than-thou. Yet understand he's not in it for a real civil and growth creating conversation. He's in it for his lulz/self-satisfaction, whether we find it funny or not.

You're totally right in not feeling he's funny, just understand that he's not 100% serious in his posts and it is slimy and holier-than-thou. Yet understand he's not in it for a real civil and growth creating conversation. He's in it for his lulz/self-satisfaction, whether we find it funny or not.
Right, but I won't "act" like he's funny like you seem to love to do just so he doesn't get "satisfaction". If what he craves is people disagreeing with what he says, then more power to him, I'm not gonna cull my reactions based on someone else's needs.

Right, but I won't "act" like he's funny like you seem to love to do just so he doesn't get "satisfaction". If what he craves is people disagreeing with what he says, then more power to him, I'm not gonna cull my reactions based on someone else's needs.
Then don't cull your reactions, but reacting to him is like going up to a Westboro member and yelling/arguing with them. It's exactly what they want, you will get nowhere with them with reason, and in the end, you only leave more frustrated while they smile bigger and bigger.

Then don't cull your reactions, but reacting to him is like going up to a Westboro member and yelling/arguing with them. It's exactly what they want, you will get nowhere with them with reason, and in the end, you only leave more frustrated while they smile bigger and bigger.
What? Why would someone online "frustrate" me?

what?

Dude, I disagree with him, or any other poster, tell him so cause I don't filter who I am here, and then move on and drink beer and watch Friends, I don't understand why you need to STOP MAKING HIM SMILE, it's his own sad personal issues if he really does smile when I disagree, not mine.

I'm guessing you'd probably walk up to a Westboro member and try to explain to them, why they're wrong, multiple times a day then? That's basically what you're doing. There's a difference between filtering yourself and realizing futility.

I'm guessing you'd probably walk up to a Westboro member and try to explain to them, why they're wrong, multiple times a day then? That's basically what you're doing. There's a difference between filtering yourself and realizing futility.
No, bro, it's not the same thing. It's a dude in a forum against an organization that actually profits from the attention they get by disrupting funerals. If you really, truly think it's the same thing then the biggest problem here is yours, not Charlie's.

Honestly what you do of "following his game" and rating every other post of his funny and making fun of people for "not getting him" is 100 times worse, it's like being his fucking sidekick.

Honestly what you do of "following his game" and rating every other post of his funny and making fun of people for "not getting him" is 100 times worse, it's like being his fucking sidekick.
I don't recall making fun of anyone for not getting him? I think you're seeing something that isn't there.

ElJuski

Staff member
It's this constant bickering about dumb shit that keeps me from sticking around Halforums, for the record.

Also, what's this thread really about, anyway? The latest Parks and Rec? It was an okay episode, but I was underwhelmed by it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.