X-Com 2

My characters don't get customized until promoted at least twice. Kind of a "Don't name your kid until they turn 2" policy.[DOUBLEPOST=1454681773,1454681399][/DOUBLEPOST]Here's who I got so far

2016-02-05_00001.jpg
2016-02-05_00002.jpg
2016-02-05_00003.jpg
2016-02-05_00004.jpg

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

My characters don't get customized until promoted at least twice. Kind of a "Don't name your kid until they turn 2" policy.
There's a character pool where you can just dump as many characters as you want into it and they'll show up randomly in your game.

My characters don't get customized until promoted at least twice. Kind of a "Don't name your kid until they turn 2" policy.
I totally did this exact thing with the first game, even with its limited customization. Really looking forward to it in the new one.

I totally did this exact thing with the first game, even with its limited customization. Really looking forward to it in the new one.
Only had time to play a couple hours this morning, but so far, its pretty much everything I wanted the sequel to be.

I hate to advertise it and it has some bad reviews but I've had nothing but positive interactions, but on cjs cdkeys you can buy xcom2 for 38 bucks. I've gotten a lot of new games for that price

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I hate to advertise it and it has some bad reviews but I've had nothing but positive interactions, but on cjs cdkeys you can buy xcom2 for 38 bucks. I've gotten a lot of new games for that price

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Has it? On Metacritic, the lowest score out of 41 reviews is a 75. It's scoring at a 91 with 41 reviews. By comparison, Witcher 3 scored 93 with 35 reviews.

I heard four complaints from random internet people that are giving me pause:

1) Is the game ridiculously short? Someone said you would only get 15 hours or so.

2) Is it true that each mission forces you to rush, with no place for strategy anymore? Someone said it was almost like a FPS with just "run and gun as fast as you can" tactics being the only option.

3) Is it true that every mission boils down to "kill everything" over and over?

4) Is the camera broken to the point where it's sometimes unplayable?

I trust you guys more than random complainers on Steam.

1) Is the game ridiculously short? Someone said you would only get 15 hours or so.

2) Is it true that each mission forces you to rush, with no place for strategy anymore? Someone said it was almost like a FPS with just "run and gun as fast as you can" tactics being the only option.

1. Uh, short? Who knows yet. This *IS* the type of game, you're supposed to reply multiple times, and I'm sure length varies with difficulty. The game's been out less than 12 hours--so maybe someone knows something I don't.

2. There are a couple missions I've run into where you have x-amount of turns to finish an objective. One mission involved extracting a VIP. I had 14 turns to do so. Seemed fair enough. Are these types of missions prevalent? I guess? If you're asking if you can inch your way up across the map--then that particular metagame has shifted a bit. Some missions have a timed objective, and once that objective is complete, you have as much time as you want to finish. No where *near* the hyperbole of "run and gun" however.

3. Some of the missions may have a secondary objective of clearing out the rest of the aliens. The VIP mission didn't require it. Obviously, terror missions where you rescue bases/civilians may have that requirement.

4. I've had no issues with the camera.

Another thing to note, the gameplay is a little more frantic in than the first game, as this is more of a "You already lost" scenario than repelling an incoming invasion. On some missions you start in concealment where aliens don't know where you are until you're seen or fire the first shot. Other times, they're well aware of your presence and you have to keep yourself from being boxed in. On one mission, I left a guy behind while I gtfo of there because enemy reinforcements were coming in.

Also, the new alien types kick ass.

I had to go in and at least change a lot of the female faces, because the woof factor was like I was playing a Bethesda game.

I had to go in and at least change a lot of the female faces, because the woof factor was like I was playing a Bethesda game.
I'm sure there's going to be a "prettier faces" mod soon enough.

Speaking of mods, I already loaded up the 3 "Long war" mods already.[DOUBLEPOST=1454690822,1454690532][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, and another thing, if the camera DOES bother you, guess, what, there's already a mod.

TB played through the entire campaign before release, and said it took him about 72 hours.

There are lots of gameplay videos that show the new conceal mechanic. This makes the beginning of encounters faster, but in no way makes them rush and gun missions, especially if you're playing on harder difficulties

Supposedly, the devs said in an interview that the telemetry from the first game showed that a lot of people inched their way across the map to easy victories that took stupid amounts of time per map, and that they thought it made more sense to put an external pressure to complete a mission in time instead of making the maps a constant string of ambushes that would up the difficulty, but would force every player to take it grindingly slow.

I played the remake on both console and PC, and it was abundantly clear that the best way to play it was on PC...with a controller.

I have 24 hours played so far.... My "A-team" Ranger is basically a god at this point. She does the most ridiculous things and lives, and it is amazing. I named her after my daughter at the start, and I wish my real daughter was half this useful. ;)

Considering the way I missed a guy with 1hp 3 times last night, with a >90% chance to hit him every time, you're probably right. :p

My first playthrough finished at 36 hours, and I've jumped right back in to another one. I love everything about this (except the couple of really silly bugs I've run into - don't play on ironman).