Saturday June 8:

Germany - China PR 1 - 0
Spain - South Africa 3 - 1
Norway - Nigeria 3 - 0

Sunday June 9:
Australia - Italy 1 - 2
Brazil - Jamaica 3 - 0
England - Scotland 2 - 1

And here is the overview of the next matches on the official Fifa site.
Oh, and if you are wondering why you haven't heard anything about the World Cup this year....

it's the Woman's World Cup.

The diehard soccer fans here, old English guys who gather to watch the games at the English pub, are pumped for this Tourney. Some of them even showed up to watch France play.

Plus, as a bonus, Canada is actually competing!

Well, here's hoping the US crushes Sweden. Or at least ties them.

We need the US to win their group, is what I'm saying, so we won't have to play them till the final. Otherwise, they're our first match in the knockout. Our only match

Dave

Staff member
I'd watch the match but since the US is dead set against me watching it without buying overpriced cable, I guess I'll just see the score when the match is over.

I'd watch the match but since the US is dead set against me watching it without buying overpriced cable, I guess I'll just see the score when the match is over.
Plenty of websites that’ll allow you to watch it for free so long as you agree to host their malware.

—Patrick

Dave

Staff member
So I'm at work without the two firewalls and anti-virus programs I have, etc. I don't trust IT here, so I'm not going to try it. At home I'd feel more comfortable.

It doesn't really seem like a match to make an effort to watch anyway. It's just the last game of the Group Stage and y'all are already through.

So I'm at work without the two firewalls and anti-virus programs I have, etc. I don't trust IT here, so I'm not going to try it. At home I'd feel more comfortable.
Geez, Dave. I wasn’t being serious. :eek:
Saying “Watch World Cup for free just click here!” Is tantamount to saying “Free malware!”

—Patrick

Sue Bird's girlfriend and a young Badger footy star are all it takes. :)

Wanna bet they don't get invited to the White House?

USA! USA! USA!
I don't know, man. There's a lot of nice looking blondes dressed in orange.

(I'm really only saying this to add that, when watching these international tournaments, I'm always a little struck by how homogeneous so many teams are. I'm so used to seeing a little bit of everywhere on Canada's squad . . . when hockey's not involved)