[Soccer] World Cup 2014

Dave

Staff member
Jesus fuck! I thought the game started now so I missed the first 1/2 hour...and FIVE GOALS?!?

B

BErt

yeah and all within like two minutes of each other in the middle of the half. I'm at work so I'm only following the gamecast and its just exclamation points everywhere. WOW

This just reminds me of Space Jam when the aliens stole the basketball skills of all the stars, only it's Brazil's team this time.

Looney Tunes in: Space GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

This just reminds me of Space Jam when the aliens stole the basketball skills of all the stars, only it's Brazil's team this time.

Looney Tunes in: Space GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAL!!!!!!!!!!!!
So Bill Murray will appear in the second half? Also, who else think that Germany vs. Netherlands will be the final?

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk

My call is Germany v Argentina. Expected a German win today, but only by like 2-1, not this absolute demolishing that is currently 0-7. It's like Brasil forgot how to play defense.

Last edited:
Seems like poor Neymar was more important than they believed, morally and physically.
And of course Manuel Neuer did a great job to catch those few chances Brasil managed in the second half.

Dave

Staff member
Seems like poor Neymar was more important than they believed, morally and physically.
And of course Manuel Neuer did a great job to catch those few chances Brasil managed in the second half.
Shit, I feel bad because I thought Neymar was flopping and faking the back injury to kill time in the match. I was very, very wrong, of course. Made me stop calling everything a flop.

Dave

Staff member
In the second half the Brazil fans were cheering for the Germans. You could see them clapping when the 6th & 7th goals were scored. And they still went nuts when Brazil scored their goal, which I thought was pretty classy.

Netherlands vs Argentina summed up so far:

They are kicking the ball down the field, oh the other team got it. Now the other team is kicking the ball and they gave it away. Here comes the ball back down the field and they are setting up a shot-no, it was blocked.

Did I happen to mention how much I dislike the shootout in hockey?

Well, "penalty kicks" in soccer = shootout in hockey.

PLAY TIL SOMEONE SCORES, #### IT.