Work Swag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working at the movie theatre doesn't have too many benefits but every so often something neat comes through and once we're done with it they will usually offer it up for grabs. I've managed to get a hold of quite a few of the higher quality movie posters. So far I've got:

I also managed to grab two signs like this from District 9 before they were put up and two other similar ones.

So what swag has your job got you?

My roommate picked up some of those giant, plastic wall posters during his time at the theater. Our living room is pretty much covered wall to wall with them.

My job at the hotel doesn't get me much. At most I come home with a useless key card that found it's way into my pocket via a hectic day.

And every once in a while I treat myself to a free toothbrush.

I'm hoping to grab the one we currently have for District 9. It's massive and is of the ship hovering over Johannesburg.

I love all the "For Humans Only" posters I've seen for the District 9 campaign. I wish I could get a bathroom one for my house.

North_Ranger

Staff member
When I work the summers as a telemarketer, we sometimes get these "competitions", where for every second sale you make you get something from The Hoard - a single room filled with samples of gifts we send along with new subscriptions.

In four summers, I've got:
- 2-3 small umbrellas
- one lousy novel
- my first digital camera (whose battery died after five minutes)
- one quiz book
- two gardening books I gave to my mom
- one desk set = calculator+ letter opener

Well I have two so I could probably send you one if you wanted it.
Are you serious? That would be awesome! I mean, I don't want to take something from you, but if you were going to give it away, or if you didn't have a use for the extra or whatever ...

:whistling:

I work as a translator and interpreter, so I mainly collect those plastic ID badges and lanyard straps you get at international conferences.

W

Wasabi Poptart

When I worked at a music store, I used to get promotional posters and in-store copies of cds. That was nice.

L

lafftaff

I got a lot of neat but random swag from my old retail job. I worked in the houseware/gourmet department & anything that was chipped or considered unsellable we got to take home. I got a nice, expensive wooden tray, a set of ceramic coasters, coffee cups, holiday decorations, & a bunch of other random stuff.

Plus, we sold bulk candy that we were allowed to snack off of. The best part was the truffles. We "had" to know how each truffle tasted to properly describe them to the customer. And any w/cracks were considered unsellable & were ours for the taking.

Hmm... in my old review job I got:

20+ Games, for Pc, PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, and GBA (Most were traded in to get stuff I knew we wouldn't be getting in, but I have one or two left)
Pokemon Colosseum Swag Kit (Contained a stuffed Jirachi, pre-order disc to get Jirachi in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire, an old looking letter, and a little cloth bag)
Darkwatch swag (Two metal Darkwatch badges, each of a different type. An exclusive comic, and a box of t-shirts)
Fatal Frame 2 poster (Movie poster size and style. I have it framed, but I had to cut it down to find a frame for it)
Rogue Galaxy Mini-Flag and Demo disk
Some Nintendo plushies (Wario, Toad, Corphish)

I know I received more, but that's all I have in my room at the moment. Anything else is in my Swag Box in the basement.

When I did IT work for a video store rental chain I ended up with a lot of posters, movies, and soundtracks. Notably I got the three posters for the LoTR trilogy.

In my current position we sometimes have suppliers that come in and try to convince us to use their parts, they usually give lunch, a presentation, and free stuff. The most recent one had usual trade show type stuff (mugs, screen wipes, etc).

For the most part most of this stuff ends up in my kid's toybox. Every little thing is so interesting to them...

-Adam

I take other people's nametags. Like if they quit or get fired or just lose a nametag, get it replaced, and then find it.

Along with my own name, I also currently have a Leann, a Clinton, two Matts, a Stefan, and a Francois.

I used to work for the Mars Space Flight Facility at ASU and over the course of the school year managed to collect several posters and such of images that were taken with the THEMIS camera orbiting Mars that our department did a lot of work with. Unfortunately, I think they may have gotten rid of them all in my last closet cleaning frenzy.:Leyla:

J

Joe Johnson

We just did a network refresh here at work.
I'm taking home a slew of older Cisco equipment (some switches, routers, and a Pix firewall). Figure it'll make a nice lab at home.

W

wana10

thus far...2 computer monitors, a dvd burner, a couple hard drives, and quantum of solace on dvd. not bad for a hotel job.

GasBandit

Staff member
Stuff I've gotten for free via work -

Pizza
Mexican food
Soda
Cake
Haircuts
Concert tickets
Movie tickets
Amusement park tickets
Renaissance Fest tickets
All the music I could possibly want
Lasik eye surgery.

As a programmer, I mostly get headaches.

I take other people's nametags. Like if they quit or get fired or just lose a nametag, get it replaced, and then find it.

Along with my own name, I also currently have a Leann, a Clinton, two Matts, a Stefan, and a Francois.
I had a coworker who did the same thing. Made for an awesome graveyard at Halloween.

Status
Not open for further replies.