WORDLE

GasBandit

Staff member
F#%$!

1647353778401.png

And here I thought I was gonna stretch it out for so long when I managed not to get any letters the first two steps.
1647353746208.png

If you get that lucky with your starting word you should see if you can get the actual word on your second try.
Yeah, I let it sit for a bit, but wasn't sure. So opted to go ahead with my usual second word. It's a setup that covers most of the available vowels and has been quite successful for me. I think I've only failed once so far and that was on one of those that had a number of words that vary by only 1 letter.

GasBandit

Staff member
A hint....

If your line 2 is 4 greens and a black, Make your third guess not use any greens in hopes of a yellow to become your fifth green.

Doesn't apply to hard mode obviously

GasBandit

Staff member
Survived nine rounds today. Could have gone longer but I guessed wrong

1647529603497.png

PUPPY
DADDY
NINNY
SISSY
TITTY
BILLY
HILLY
GILLY
FILLY

I was betting on it being "WILLY". Ah well.

Another where I just couldn't get the letters in the right spot until I just suddenly got the word

Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 1.51.08 PM.png

I was thinking about different combos of letters until I got to *epot and I was going "HE-pot"-no, "RE-pot"???-no the R is wrong, GE-pot?-no, DE-pot OH! DE-poh! duh!

Dave

Staff member
One of the biggest fears when the NYT bought Wordle was that they were going to start bringing in all sorts of obscure or off the wall words with letters that are seldom used. Like yesterday's. And today's.

1648360191048.png

NO vowels, huh? Seems about right.

One of the biggest fears when the NYT bought Wordle was that they were going to start bringing in all sorts of obscure or off the wall words with letters that are seldom used. Like yesterday's. And today's.
They were already in the master answer list before going to the NYT. Warning: don't want to click the link if you don't want to see the answer for tomorrow and beyond.