"Who" is the best Doctor?

Who was is the best Doctor?

• Christopher Eccleston - brought new life to this series and was largely responsible for it's rebirth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • David Tennant - Some of the best stories lines, well acted, most awesome rounding of a character

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Matt Smith - This man is amazing, and funny, and bowties.... are cool!

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Someone old - I better give some good damned reason for the necro to pull up this to change his mind

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In light of the announcement of Matt Smith leaving as the Doctor, and as I think back about the series that I have watched, I pose this: A simple question. Who is the the best Doctor?
I have not watched the series from the beginning, and only got interested since the re imagining of 2005. But I've watched every episode since, and I love the Doctor. So it's a simple question, but if you speak wrong, defend your answer! There is only one clear choice.

C

Chibibar

Tom Baker!!!!

Edit: A reason? Well, consider he has the longest running. I do love Jellie Babies. K-9 is awesome (started on his period) there was the Trial, The Doctors and some origin story of the Time lords. I love the super long scarf and jack of many pockets :)

I do believe he use the sonic screwdriver (at least might be the first but I'm hazy)

BananaHands

Staff member
I only vote Matt Smith because of the direction Steven Moffat took when he started writing. My favorite Tennant episodes were written by Moffat too.

Good Smurf! I had better expectations from our community than one or two word posts. It says in the bloody poll "I better give good reason"....

don't disappoint me Halforumites.

Why? Because he lies about not having enough mercury just so he can explore a creepy city... while dragging his teenage niece with him... THE DOCTOR LIES!!!!, just not as well as he used to.

I can't stand David Tennant.

I see the faces he kept making as Barty Crowch in the Harry Potter movie and I just want to fucking punch him.

Matt Smith.

I liked Eccleston, as he was my first introduction to the series, and was disappointed when he was replaced by Tennant.

However, that disappointed faded in about three episodes. Tennant was by far my favorite. Smith is great in his own way, but something about him just seems a little too silly sometimes.

C

Chibibar

Why? Because he lies about not having enough mercury just so he can explore a creepy city... while dragging his teenage niece with him... THE DOCTOR LIES!!!!, just not as well as he used to.
Heh. I remember Tom Baker did fib here and there with a smile to get his way.

Your thread is wrong on so many levels.
A) Matt Smith is not leaving the show.

B) Any poll about who was the best Doctor that doesn't include the one who played the role the longest and had the largest fanbase of the entire run of the show is just plain stupid.

C) If you don't know who I'm referring to in B, you shouldn't be making any posts about Doctor Who.

B) Any poll about who was the best Doctor that doesn't include the one who played the role the longest and had the largest fanbase of the entire run of the show is just plain stupid.

C) If you don't know who I'm referring to in B, you shouldn't be making any posts about Doctor Who.
Who?

Green_Lantern

Staff member

I reject your statement and replace with my own.

C

Chibibar

you know. I am sad that Dr. Who was never really "picked up" until recently. There were SO many good episodes and backstory. Sadly many of them are lost due to budget, reuse films, etc etc. That is why there isn't any "complete collection" of any of the previous Doctor. :(

Please allow me to truncate my response to all three of your points into a single answer.

Fuck off. When you present your viewpoint in a non-elitist superior than thou manner, I would be pleased to consider what you have to say.

C

Chibibar

Please allow me to truncate my response to all three of your points into a single answer.

Fuck off. When you present your viewpoint in a non-elitist superior than thou manner, I would be pleased to consider what you have to say.
in Bowielee defense, even when you present that you didn't watch the earlier series (understandable) I think the title and poll is "misleading" when as "who is the best doctor" most people (at least fans like me) would consider ALL doctors from 1 to present, but you only present the last 3 which seems "elitist" in a way ;)

Now if you post "who is the best doctor out of the last three?" or "who is the best doctor from the revival of the series" or something similar then it may not come off as an attack :)

Alright, I'm going to start watching the classic series. Should be pretty rough.
You have 28 years of material and not all of it's watchable.

Also Necro, if Bowie's right and Matt Smith's not leaving the show, you shouldn't have put it in the OP and he was right to call it out. I was about to go "WTF? He just got here!"

That said, I really need to take the time to watch, if only because of Moffat now being head of the show. His episodes were the best of the Davies seasons.

This article which was posted on one of my daily news feeds and is only one of a few that were put out was the one that spurned my saying he was leaving.

Days later it was news that Matt Smith "corrected" this misinformation. I however was not phoned by Mr. Smith personally, nor do I check the newswires specifically for any information regarding him, so that bit of info was missed by me.

I make no apologies for including it in the OP.

I am still shocked that David Tennant only stuck around for one season...

I'd think that playing the Doctor would be the chance of a lifetime. Not many actors get even that chance. I'd rather be the most recognized face in the UK than be a second fiddle in Hollywood.

I am still shocked that David Tennant only stuck around for one season...

I'd think that playing the Doctor would be the chance of a lifetime. Not many actors get even that chance. I'd rather be the most recognized face in the UK than be a second fiddle in Hollywood.
You mean Ecceleston? Tennant was the Doctor for three seasons.

Let me put my point another way. If someone started a thread about who was the best captain in Star Trek and only included Sisco, Janeway, and Archer, what would your reaction be?

Status
Not open for further replies.