[Comics] The "Let's Bitch about Comics thread!"

It kinda maybe crosses a line when he's talking about company property and could be considered to be representing the company as an employee.

It kinda maybe crosses a line when he's talking about company property and could be considered to be representing the company as an employee.
Yeah, it's DREADFULLY incorrect. It's so incorrect that the cosmic shift in balance of right and wrong was enough to resurrect Jack Kirby long enough for him to spin like a top in his grave.

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH....I just read "Nightwing 44" by Green Arrow and Teen Titans writer...Ben Percy...UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH! UGH! UGH! UGH! UGH! It is almost LITERALLY the same story as "Its not easy being Green" from his Teen Titans run! A superhero finds crazy mind altering tech, gets it injected inside him, he goes nuts-BAM! Not to mention its all the same "We're all slaves to technology" story we've been reading since the 90s.

I'm getting tired of the random double shipping from Marvel. I'd like to follow The Immortal Hulk, but it's double shipping in both July and September. Then Spectacular Spider-man, a must-buy for me, is double shipping this month and in September. Marvel Two-in-One double shipped this month and had an annual. Shit starts to add up.

Then I see X-Men Gold #30 released today. This series launched in April 2017. Maybe my math is off, but even with double-shipping, that's more issues than should be possible without triple shipping, right?

I'm berating Marvel over DC because with DC it's consistent, every month, if something was double shipping. That allows me to budget appropriately. Maybe in Marvel's eyes the sudden boosts help the comic book store, but instead it tells me "I need to drop this because it's costing me two or three of my comics when I've only slotted it to cost one." I'm not hitting my cost ceiling yet, but only because I have some slots left open for future Kelly Thompson books.

Speaking of slots, Marvel Two-in-One might be ending in September so that Slott's Fantastic Four can have the monopoly on the group. Which sucks for all the reason I've illustrated in the past, chiefly Zdarsky > Slott. I was hoping Zdarsky would be able to maintain an also-ran at least, but the September solicit seems like it could be the end. I really wish he'd been given the main Fantastic Four book. He's taken what Bendis started with Victor Von Doom and then made it sound like Doom while developing Doom's character. I feel like there's a lot more he could do with this and my guess is Slott will want to bring Doom back to his classic status. What a waste.

I guess that'll be a slot open.

April 2017 to March 2018, 12 months, 24 issues. April 2018 2 issues, May 2018 2 issues, June 2018 2 issues. Total 30 issues. 15 months total.

BananaHands

Staff member
Speaking of slots, Marvel Two-in-One might be ending in September so that Slott's Fantastic Four can have the monopoly on the group. Which sucks for all the reason I've illustrated in the past, chiefly Zdarsky > Slott. I was hoping Zdarsky would be able to maintain an also-ran at least, but the September solicit seems like it could be the end. I really wish he'd been given the main Fantastic Four book. He's taken what Bendis started with Victor Von Doom and then made it sound like Doom while developing Doom's character. I feel like there's a lot more he could do with this and my guess is Slott will want to bring Doom back to his classic status. What a waste.
Marvel Two-in-One is amazing. We don't deserve such a perfect Fantastic Four book. It's a shame Slott is going to come in and wreck everything about the Fantastic Four.

*CRICKET* *CRICKE*

NECRO-I hate the first arc of Nick Spencer's Spider-man with a passion. Its just...SO FUCKING DUMB-Spider-man hijacks a damn Tri-Sentinel, causes MASSIVE property damage throughout New York...and NO other superhero is stopping him?! No-one in the news is LOGICALLY calling him a menace, as for the first time they'd ACTUALLY be right in calling him such?! THIS! IS! FUCKING! DUMB! Uuuuuuuuuugh I'm told "The Hunted" is better, but dear GOD is this dumb! ALSO-its that stupid "Hero splits in two, things seem good at first, but then its bad and they have to merge back" story we've all read a BILLION times! GRAH!

I just...I just want Brian Michael Bendis to go away. Like...forever. You can kvetch about Tom King all ya want, but HIS shit is at least easily reversible, Bendis's shit will need a full on RETCON! WHY ARE THEY PAIRING OFF JON KENT AND SATURN GIRL-it makes no fucking SENSE!

WHY ARE THEY PAIRING OFF JON KENT AND SATURN GIRL-it makes no fucking SENSE!
Uh, has Bendis been messing with the age of one or both of those characters as well? Because isn't Jon about 10 & Saturn Girl a full grown adult. That doesn't just not make sense, that's skeezy as hell.

Uh, has Bendis been messing with the age of one or both of those characters as well? Because isn't Jon about 10 & Saturn Girl a full grown adult. That doesn't just not make sense, that's skeezy as hell.
I THINK in this version their the same age...teeeeeeechnically, given that Jon was sent to Earth-3 for seven years in the past and is a teen in the present now, while the new Legion are teens and/or young adults, but either way it still feels a bit sketch. PRIMARILY since as expected of someone not being able to grow emotionally for seven years, Jon still ACTS like a ten year old, so its all sorts of fucked.

Honestly I really hope this shit gets retconned via time travel shenanigans and Jon becomes ten again.

I'm just glad Batman/Superman exists, so I can get a Superman book that's actually GOOD, that ALSO calls out some of the shit Bendis does! Like how General Zod calls out Supes for not even TRYING to bring back Kandor, or how Lois and Clark are swarmed by papparazzi on their date night implying maybe Clark revealing his secret fucking identity was a bad fucking IDEA!

MAN-Bendis just...can't write telepaths that respect boundaries, whether its Teen Jean Grey who outs Ice Man as gay, or Saturn Girl who reads people's minds without permission and just says "DUH-on my planet its okay!"

REALLY-hoping someone takes over this title from him, he ain't doing the Legion justice.

So everyone knows, Bendis is trying my patience as a Superman fan something fierce and I am now going to curse him some how to get a hangnail.

That would be down, not up. :p
I'm including the buyer's premium, so technically it's at $19375, I just rounded up.
The minimum next bid, though, is $16000 or, with buyer's premium, $20k.
buttbidd.png

--Patrick

WELL-I just read the preview for Bendis's "Legion of Super heroes" finale and...its just as stupid as I thought.

TURNS OUT-Saturn Girl "convinced" Jon Kent as well as the ENTIRE Legion...that bringing him to the future to train them was a good idea...so...she brainwashed everybody....UGH! The FUCK is this, a Dark Multiverse story?! Imra Ardeen would NEVER do that! PLEASE let her be Saturn Queen in disguise, PLEASE.

Oh my god, [comic book publisher] killed [beloved character]! I can't believe [comic writer] would do that! [comic book publisher] should be ashamed of themselves! I'll never support that company again! They've ruined [beloved character] forever!

What's that? *presses finger to ear* I'm getting word that [beloved character] will be resurrected in like 6 months, anyway, rendering the stunt death meaningless.

Oh my god, [comic book publisher] killed [beloved character]! I can't believe [comic writer] would do that! [comic book publisher] should be ashamed of themselves! I'll never support that company again! They've ruined [beloved character] forever!

What's that? *presses finger to ear* I'm getting word that [beloved character] will be resurrected in like 6 months, anyway, rendering the stunt death meaningless.
Exactly,lather, rinse, resurrection.