[Contest] When will I get the COVID Vaccine?

The only reason I let my kids go to school in person is that I know my school district is being very thorough with precautions. If they went to a different school district near me that I will not name, they would have been 100% virtual no matter what.

I've been breaking myself making sure my son is passing from home for exactly this reason. Too many people don't take this seriously enough, and his asthma puts him at risk.
THIS. Although, I have to say, Li'l Z has taken to virtual learning very well. His report card last week was one of the best he's ever had. I would like to see him back in school next year, buuuuut I'm in no rush if these are the results.

Also, our district is like Dei's with the infection communications. Anyone at the school tests positive and we get emails. Hell, they've been on Spring Break this week and we've gotten 3 emails so far that people who attend his school have tested positive over the break.

Like I said, this place is fucked. I love the area, it’s where my family has roots, but this last year has really shown what people are made of.
For my daughter it was a lot of just comprehension. She just wasn’t retaining much. She’s a lot like me in that I’m an in person hands on learner.

My parents started bitching about NYS opening up too fast and screwing over old people and how they couldn't find an appt.

I found an appt. for my dad within10 minutes for Tuesday. My mom can't do a 2 shot vax right now because she has a surgery appt. for her back in a few weeks and according to her she can't be in between shots. She also won't get J&J because "they use aborted babies for research" and it's not worth my time to argue science and how cell lines work. It would just remind her that I was clearly brainwashed by going to college. :facepalm:

There’s a point where you just gotta say, “I’m not paying for your funeral, and if you keep it up, I won’t be attending it, either.”
I mean, they are getting vaccinated, I'm not going to push the issue.

I ended up hanging up on them regardless because they kept spouting Trump bullshit after I gave them 3 warnings to stop or I was going to hang up.

My parents started bitching about NYS opening up too fast and screwing over old people and how they couldn't find an appt.

I found an appt. for my dad within10 minutes for Tuesday. My mom can't do a 2 shot vax right now because she has a surgery appt. for her back in a few weeks and according to her she can't be in between shots. She also won't get J&J because "they use aborted babies for research" and it's not worth my time to argue science and how cell lines work. It would just remind her that I was clearly brainwashed by going to college. :facepalm:
The real issue here is that its super difficult, at least until very recently, for people who don't know how to use computers to get appointments. Theres 0 chance my grandparents would've been able to get them when they did if we weren't doing it for them.

And I know its never going to work because they have smoothbrain syndrome, but if they mention the aborted baby stuff again, ask them their thoughts on using research developed from aborted babys to treat trump back in octover.

TBH, I found the appt because I found the Buffalo area vaccine Facebook group and at the exact same time someone posted a link to a mass vax appt. at ECCC. I thought old people lived on Facebook. :p

But you are not wrong.

I'll admit, I had to walk my dad and stepmom through the appointment process. What was fortunate was that at the time I did it, the vaccine was now being administered outside of just the three or four sites state-wide, like it had when Sarah and I got it in January/February.

Dave

Staff member
My county has opened it up to anyone 16+. I sent the link to my son so he can get the fuck out of the house.

We just opened to 16+ as well, and I'm driving my daughter an hour to get her first shot. That will put three out of four of us with the first shot down. Just have to wait for under 16 so my son with asthma can get the shot. Then I'll stop worrying so much.

By this time with the first shot, I was feeling very drowsy, and my injection site was sore if I raised my arm, which is normal for any shot I get. This time I got my shot an hour earlier and in the same spot, and as of right now there is zero pain or discomfort in my arm (thank you, amazing nurse!), but my body can't figure out if it's drowsy or not. I'll go through periods where my eyes are almost closing, and then a few minutes later I'll feel completely awake.

I'd heard the second shot was so much worse. But my second shot was super easy. Barely an inconvenience.

My first shot, my arm was super sore after a couple of days. My second, only mild soreness the day after.

But I still played that shit up in order to get a friday off ;)

There are a lot of articles and trends in Canada about how fucking jealous we are as a whole about the vaccine rollout in the US as we enter the third wave with every variant filling hospitals fuller and fuller and killing younger and younger.

There are a lot of articles and trends in Canada about how fucking jealous we are as a whole about the vaccine rollout in the US as we enter the third wave with every variant filling hospitals fuller and fuller and killing younger and younger.
The difference between summer and "look What happens when you don't take proper precautions" USA and now spring and "look at that rate of vaccinations!" USA is huge.
Really, it's weird how a different old white guy in charge still can make a huge difference