[Contest] When will I get the COVID Vaccine?

PosterDate
PatrThom
8 Mar 21​
Cog
12 Mar 21​
jwhouk
15 Mar 21​
Bubble181
1 Apr 21​
Dave
12 Apr 21​
Frank
13 Apr 21​
Terrik
17 Apr 21​
Phil
20 Apr 21​
Cheesy1
5 May 21​
Bert
12 May 21​
Dirona
23 May 21​
CeltZ
3 Jun 21​
figmentPez
3 Jun 21​
mikerc
4 Jun 21​
GasBandit
7 Jun 21​
Tinwhistler
10 Jun 21​
Shawn
15 Jun 21​
Squidleybits
21 Jul 21​
ThatNickGuy
15 Aug 21​
Far
25 Oct 21​
bhamv3
1 Jan 22​
HCGLNS
14 Jan 22​

Last edited:
VA system, so who knows. I'll gladly wait until the people that need it first get it. I'm already pretty self isolated. If it, somehow miraculously, didn't spread through work *which doesn't exist anymore*, I should be good.

Well, I know I won't even have a chance at the vaccine until September, because my province is run by incompetent sociopaths.

I would like to make an announcement.

@PatrThom, if this was the guess for when I would get the vaccine, you'd win.

I'm scheduled to get my first dose on the 22nd of January.

That's the good news. The not as good news is that I'll have to drive all the way over to State Farm Stadium for it.

The really sucky news is that SFS is only doing the POD vaccines overnight, so I have to be there at 10 PM.

But I'm gonna be gettin' vaxxed, kids.

It was, and congrats.
Let us know about all the side effects.
EDIT: Wait, no. My guess was for blotsfan, not jwhouk.
This thread is getting confusing.

--Patrick

Last edited:
Update: New York has expanded the eligibility. My fiancée and grandparents are all scheduled to get the vaccine next week. I spammed the website for about 4 hours trying to get through. I look forward to doing it for myself when I am able to.

I'm a "class 1c" individual (underlying medical conditions)...Virginia's currently in Class 1b (old people, front line workers). I'm hoping to get mine in the next couple months.

Update: New York has expanded the eligibility. My fiancée and grandparents are all scheduled to get the vaccine next week. I spammed the website for about 4 hours trying to get through. I look forward to doing it for myself when I am able to.
Double update. The state didn't predict that the federal government would just blatantly lie about the number of vaccines they had. This has lead to numerous appointments getting cancelled. This week if you had an appointment Monday-Wednesday it was cancelled, but if it was Thursday or Friday it was kept. My grandparents and my fiancée had appointments cancelled. My fiancée was able to somehow get one yesterday and has received her first shot, but my grandparents are looking like they won't get it until March.

This is fun.

It looks like the antibodies from contracting it don't last that long, so yes.
The latest is that they last at least 6 months. That is probably comparable to the vaccine. Don't get me wrong. I'd rather get the vaccine than the disease.

Well, it's been a day since my second shot, and my arm doesn't even hurt like it did the 1st time.

I did feel a bit dry in my throat this morning, but that's about it.

Yay me.

Hey so remember this:

Did my measurements today with my trainer.

June 2017: 246lbs, 42% body fat
July 2018: 151lbs, 14% body fat

If I didn't change my habits I'd probably hit 300lbs sometime in 2019. So incredibly glad I went with this.
Well I fucking blew that. Im fat again.

HOWEVER

Starting next week, people in NY with "medical complications" can get the vaccine. Including my now-obese-again self.

I haez vaccine appointment for March 7. That being said, it's about a 2 and a half hour drive away (which id have to do twice) so if I can get a closer one, I'm gonna try to do that.