[News] What's your name? Close enough, off to jail with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, was it someone with the same or similar last name too? Getting arrested for being Teresa is a bit screwed up. I hope no one named John gets accused of a crime in Atlanta...

Before I clicked the link, I thought, "Atlanta huh? So, she's probably black."

Thanks for not disappointing.

C

Chibibar

Only first name is the same.

According to the "warrant" address, DOB, height, and weight are not the same.

So first name, sex, and race are the same.

One time in 5th grade I was called into the principal's office because a kid named Phil in 1st grade was allegedly kissing other boys.

I feel for this woman.

Also a retrospective "hey c'mon guys" to my elementary school. So what if I/he was? Let's not be that kind of Texas school district.

I once got in trouble in the high school library for being mouthy. When asked what my name was, I gave someone else's name. He ended up being called to the principal's office so I feel I balance out everyone else's name troubles.

GasBandit

Staff member
When I went to Space Center Houston, I noticed the woman doing the loudspeaker announcing on the 2-D zero G EVA simulator occasionally had pwoblems with her Rs. She made a point to give encouraging directions to each person REPEATEDLY BY NAME who tried to perform certain tasks in what was essentially a recliner on a giant air hockey puck, with the air on, so it drifted around in a near-frictionless manner. All the tasks were overhead, you reclined all the way to horizontal to perform them. If you pushed wrong on the console, you'd drift away out of reach. All in all it was a pretty sucky attempt to simulate the difficulty of working in freefall, but I got a big kick out of the whole thing because I told her my name was Reggie.

TLDR version: I tricked a woman into saying "wedgie" on a loudspeaker multiple times.

Didn't something like this happen in the 2000 election in Florida? I remember there were black voters that were turned away because their names were similar to ex-cons.

Status
Not open for further replies.