What, no Pokemon Go thread?

That’s brutal. I’m sorry :(

I’m finding in general, that event shinies are getting harder and harder to get. The whole Holiday event this year was ridiculous and even the current event (Zigzagoon and Taillow) is leaving quite a few local people without.

I got a shiny Spoink after a truly frightening number of shiny checks. My friend also checked a similar amount and did not get one :(
Post automatically merged:

I've been tapping Spoinks obsessively throughout this event, and haven't found any shinies. And then today I encountered and caught two shiny Spoinks. Oh, and a shiny Ponyta too.

RNG, thou art a fickle mistress.

I started out this event with shiny Ponytas which I didn’t need after the first event and I had to check a truly scary number to find shiny Spoinks.

Ever since my sister and I learned that trainer battles may drop Sinnoh Stones, we've decided to do nightly battles. We've only battled two nights so far, but while she's gotten two stones already, I've gotten none. *shakes fist*

On the bright side, I learned that Registeel is a godly tank.

Sinnoh stone drought has been the most impactful addition that's pushed me toward losing interest. There is way too many pokemon that require them and they are way too inconsistent.

At least they're guaranteeing Sinnoh stones for the upcoming community day. I think 5 from trainer battles, and 5 from pvp, something like that? I assume you need to do them during community day hours though.

Awesome! Congrats
Post automatically merged:

At least they're guaranteeing Sinnoh stones for the upcoming community day. I think 5 from trainer battles, and 5 from pvp, something like that? I assume you need to do them during community day hours though.
I did them right after midnight. You get five from pvp and five against one of the team trainers.

So, I just battled my sister. No CP limit, I'm down to my last Pokemon, Mewtwo. She has two left. Now, the thing about my Mewtwo is that its charged move is Focus Blast, ie a fighting move. I gave Mewtwo a fighting move in case he goes up against a dark or steel type. Mewtwo's fighting my sister's second-to-last Pokemon, a Gyarados. I see that I can defeat Gyarados without using my charged move, so I keep it in reserve. However, she still has her last Poke at full health, so even though I don't know what Pokemon it is, I'm still fully expecting to lose this match.

I beat Gyarados, as expected.

She sends out her last Pokemon.

It's a Snorlax.

I unleash Focus Blast, and OHKO her Snorlax.

Her rage over our messaging app afterwards was epic.

I didn't do much of Feebas day so I can't say for sure. On the whole they were pretty easy though. The hardest I saw was probably something like "get three great throws in a row". The easiest ones were stuff like "catch one Krabby or Psyduck", which was helped by water pokemon being very common today.

Also there's tons of pokestops around here, so if I got a tough one I could just abandon it and get something else.

48 hours to get several shiny Pikachus and every shiny version of flower crown Eevee? And they are nowhere. Trust me when I say I’ve been looking...hard.

It is a truth universally acknowledged that after walking with a pokemon for hundreds of kilometers until you finally have enough candy to evolve him, you will then start encountering that pokemon all over the wild.

Case in point, I'd encountered a grand total of three Lotads before today, so I literally walked more than three hundred kilometers to get a Ludicolo. And then today I saw five Lotads.

Who's the genius who thought it would be a good idea to run server maintenance right before a new event starts? I've been locked out all day.