What, no Pokemon Go thread?

FINALLY saw a shiny today. Pinsirs were everywhere for some reason. I caught 16 just during my 30min run. Another dozen or so just inside my house.
Capture+_2018-11-04-16-28-51.png
It was like how Toronto used to be lousy with Drowzees, but this time it was Pinsirs.

It's a Safari zone event in Taiwan, increased Pinsirs until Nov 5, shiny stays afterwards, but back to normal shiny rates

Oh of course they'd have a Safari Zone event in Taiwan during the year I'm abroad...
I managed to be so far away from the civilized world I didn't see a single Pinsir and the nearest gym was 25+km away. Not that I particularly care about Gengar, but the missed xp hurts.

Got so irritated this morning at the game, Working through A Ripple in Time research, had reached the 7th day of visit pokestops 7 days in a row, spun the pokestop and the stupid task reset to day 1.

No shinies on my account, but I caught five pokémon on my girlfirend's account today and she got a shiny Cubone and a shiny Ponyta. Sheesh.

Wow! There’s a guy locally that does four and I wondered how it was possible.
Post automatically merged:

In my own news, I was light on Shiny Cyndaquils, but got two shiny Shellders in 24 hours. The Poke Gods are weird.

Sinnoh evolutions (Rhyperior, Roserade, etc) have been released, but you need an evolution item you can only get from your Research Breakthrough to evolve them.

I’m so many days away!!!
Post automatically merged:

I didn't even know there was an exp bonus associated with ultra friending. :D
I forget the bonuses for the first two levels, but Ultra is 50,000 or 100,000 with an egg and Best is 100,000 or 200,000 with an egg. That made my trip to level 40 much faster thankfully.

Last edited: