What, no Pokemon Go thread?

Mewtwo has been released as a 10-hour timer, 15-minute fight special Raid Boss at the Yokohama event. No word yet on when, how or where it'll start appearing outside of that event.

Announcement from Ninantic, two parts.

1. All four of the Legendaries released so far - Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos, Lugia - will appear in raids from todat until the 31st.

2. There will now be "Exclusive Raid Battles".

Exclusive Raid Battles are similar to existing Raid Battles, with a few notable differences. Exclusive raids will periodically appear at Gyms around the world; however, unlike existing raids, Trainers will be invited to join an Exclusive Raid Battle. To receive an invitation to participate in an Exclusive Raid Battle, Trainers must have successfully completed a raid recently, by defeating the Raid Boss, at the Gym where the Exclusive Raid Battle will be taking place. The invitations will include advance warning of when the Exclusive Raid will take place, giving them ample time to coordinate with other Trainers before taking on the powerful Raid Boss.
Mewtwo is the first Pokémon that Trainers will be able to face in Exclusive Raid Battles, but other powerful Pokémon may also start to hatch from the Raid Eggs found at Exclusive Raid Battles over the next several weeks.

It'll also depend on what "recently" is. I mean, there's about 20 gyms in my home town. I've probably done raids at half of them in the past two weeks...But unless you're willing to invest a lot of time and effort (and money for the raid passes), keeping more than 4 or 5 at a time in the "last week" group is impossible.
This might reduce the number of eligible players for a give raid to a very low number...Not to mention, organizing them together will be a challenge.
I suppose if they give enough notice and big enough raid windows, so that people have a week or more before the Exclusive to go and get a raid on Gym X in, then can coordinate over a whole day, it might be possible, but otherwise, I don't see how it'd work.

It'll also depend on what "recently" is. I mean, there's about 20 gyms in my home town. I've probably done raids at half of them in the past two weeks...But unless you're willing to invest a lot of time and effort (and money for the raid passes), keeping more than 4 or 5 at a time in the "last week" group is impossible.
This might reduce the number of eligible players for a give raid to a very low number...Not to mention, organizing them together will be a challenge.
I suppose if they give enough notice and big enough raid windows, so that people have a week or more before the Exclusive to go and get a raid on Gym X in, then can coordinate over a whole day, it might be possible, but otherwise, I don't see how it'd work.
Yeah I'm a bit worried too. There are easily 25-30 gyms in the little section of the city I'm in. Odds of raiding more than 4 or 5 of them in a one- or two-week period are basically zero. Hope to get lucky, I guess?

Yeah I'm a bit worried too. There are easily 25-30 gyms in the little section of the city I'm in. Odds of raiding more than 4 or 5 of them in a one- or two-week period are basically zero. Hope to get lucky, I guess?
Like I said, if the invite is sent early enough, you can coordinate...As in, I get a message saying there's going to be an exclusive raid at Gym X next week, I let you know, you come over and do a raid in Gym X the next day, and then we can both do the raid next week.
We'll see if that works.

That reminds me, I finally got two baby pokemon in the bast couple of days, a Clefa and Pichu. First ones I've seen since they started including them in the hatchings.

Magikarp nest popped up nearby, which is nice. Caught one with perfect IVs, which is nicer.

On the flip side, failed a 4 man raid on Tyranitar, so that was a bummer.

I'm so missing being on vacation for PG. We went to Tennessee and I caught so many Magikarp, actually had 3 show up on my screen at the same time. I'm about 35 away from finally getting a Gyrados, over 250 of those candies have been from walking as my buddy.

So, when will these special Mewtwo invites come out? I've completed 3 raids over the last few days. Crisply little level 1 raids, but the best I can do solo.

New update on Legendaries and the like.

Starting August 31, the Legendary Pokémon Raikou, Entei, and Suicune will begin appearing in Pokémon GO.

From August 31 to September 30, you can find these Legendary Pokémon in the following areas of the world:
  • Raikou, an Electric-type Legendary Pokémon, can be battled throughout the Americas.
  • Entei, a Fire-type Legendary Pokémon, can be battled throughout Europe and Africa.
  • Suicune, a Water-type Legendary Pokémon, can be battled throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
On September 30, all three of these Legendary Pokémon will move to a different location and will be available for Trainers to battle with friends until October 31. They will make their final stop in the last remaining location on October 31.

Exclusive (EX) raid battles are more-or-less going beta starting September 6 for select trainers in select locations etc etc. So Mewtwo has been slightly postponed, I guess this means.

Well, I'm bored with it now. I'll never get a Legendary and leveling is a huge chore. The game itself isn't compelling enough to keep me interested.

Yeah, I'm pretty annoyed how they set up the Legendaries. There's a Raikou down the street from me right now, but no one other than me to fight it. The large group thing is annoying and almost impossible to organize (and when it does work, most are usually Spoofers.)

It's weird how my experience really is the opposite. Both the whatsapp group and the facebook group around here are alive, with literally hundreds of members, and people really organize. I mean, I just did three Entei raids back to back, with 15 people at each, and there were two other groups of around 15ish people doing the same three in a different order, and another group coming later for those who couldn't make it on time.

I had gotten bored with the game, andraids have really revitalized it for me. I was just checking in daily and not even that anymore every week - and now I've leveled from 27 to 31 in a few weeks' time, having a godo time, being social with people I'd never meet otherwise.

That said, in more rural or less active regions, I'm sure it's an absolute pain.

This is truth. Largest group that I have heard of being organized here (while I was working of course) was 7 people. So, ya know, Legendaries are right out the window.
To be fair, I've done Entei, Moltres, and Zapdos with fewer than 7, and not extremely high levels at that. Entei can be done with 4 people in the early thirties if you have the right Pokémon (but who doesn't have a bunch of Vaporeons lying around?)

In other news, for those interested, datamining has revealed Gen III is coming (at least some of them - possibly only the Ghost Pokémon like the Baby Pokémon were first for Gen II?) this Halloween.

Info about the Halloween event

-> Last year's Halloween Pokémon are back, along with their Ghost-type buddies from Gen III - Sableye, Banette and others
-> The rest of Gen III will be released gradually, beginning in December
-> Pikachu in a hat
-> New hat
-> All candy doubled (walking, catching, hatching, meatgrinder)
-> New boxes in the shop with Raid Passes and Super Incubators, among others.

Event is from 20/10 12PM PDT to 02/11 1PM PDT.

I got one too but want another cause I've also evolved all of the hatchu's that I've managed to get to have a Raichu in the hats as well.

*sigh* In my hometown, there's now a Facebook page only for raids, two competing WhatsApp groups for raids, a Discord group for raids, and a Slack group for raids. Most contain mostly the same people but a few more here and a few less there and....Ugh. It's getting to be annoying.