1. Welcome to Halforums!

At Halforums, we value everyone's input. Please feel free to post without having to create an account. You will have to complete a few more steps than a full member and have to put up with this annoying notice on every page. If you want to join, click Register and start talking!

Already a member? Login Now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to Halforums!

At Halforums, we value everyone's input. Please feel free to post without having to create an account. You will have to complete a few more steps than a full member and have to put up with this annoying notice on every page. If you want to join, click Register and start talking!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice
  6. Welcome to Halforums!

Dismiss Notice

What, no Pokemon Go thread?

Discussion in 'Games & More' started by Tinwhistler, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Bubble181

Bubble181 The odd one out

Behind the eyes of a *really* realistic android
    Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB8,840
    Mewtwo has been released as a 10-hour timer, 15-minute fight special Raid Boss at the Yokohama event. No word yet on when, how or where it'll start appearing outside of that event.

2. Bubble181

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB8,840
    Announcement from Ninantic, two parts.

1. All four of the Legendaries released so far - Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos, Lugia - will appear in raids from todat until the 31st.

2. There will now be "Exclusive Raid Battles".

3. Krisken

Krisken Elite Forumite

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB2,678
    Ugh, too much work. No thanks.

4. Bubble181

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB8,840
    It'll also depend on what "recently" is. I mean, there's about 20 gyms in my home town. I've probably done raids at half of them in the past two weeks...But unless you're willing to invest a lot of time and effort (and money for the raid passes), keeping more than 4 or 5 at a time in the "last week" group is impossible.
    This might reduce the number of eligible players for a give raid to a very low number...Not to mention, organizing them together will be a challenge.
    I suppose if they give enough notice and big enough raid windows, so that people have a week or more before the Exclusive to go and get a raid on Gym X in, then can coordinate over a whole day, it might be possible, but otherwise, I don't see how it'd work.

5. Vrii

Vrii Post Hoarder

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB1,534
    Yeah I'm a bit worried too. There are easily 25-30 gyms in the little section of the city I'm in. Odds of raiding more than 4 or 5 of them in a one- or two-week period are basically zero. Hope to get lucky, I guess?

6. Bubble181

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB8,840
    Like I said, if the invite is sent early enough, you can coordinate...As in, I get a message saying there's going to be an exclusive raid at Gym X next week, I let you know, you come over and do a raid in Gym X the next day, and then we can both do the raid next week.
    We'll see if that works.

7. klew

klew Full Participant

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB1,290
    Hopefully these invitations to local gyms will be after I holiday out of state/country.

8. Squidleybits

Squidleybits Pika Pika Choo Choo!

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB7,408
    IMG_0886.PNG This little guy hatched for me today :)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Hoopy Frood

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB2,563
    That reminds me, I finally got two baby pokemon in the bast couple of days, a Clefa and Pichu. First ones I've seen since they started including them in the hatchings.

10. Bubble181

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB8,840
    Just caught a 15/14/15 Lugia. Whoohoo! Now to get stardust to power him up....

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bubble181

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB8,840
    In the category "entitled snwoflakes" "spoiled brats" "people who don't understand economics" "players trying to revitalize the game": Petition to make raids cheaper or free

Yeah, good luck with that one.

12. Vrii

Vrii Post Hoarder

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB1,534
    I just did two legendary raids and got 0 total golden razz berries.

This is alarming.

13. bhamv3

bhamv3 .

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB1,515
    Has a change.org petition ever led to actual change?

14. drifter

drifter Porkchop Express

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB2,646
    Magikarp nest popped up nearby, which is nice. Caught one with perfect IVs, which is nicer.

On the flip side, failed a 4 man raid on Tyranitar, so that was a bummer.

15. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Hoopy Frood

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB2,563
    I'm so missing being on vacation for PG. We went to Tennessee and I caught so many Magikarp, actually had 3 show up on my screen at the same time. I'm about 35 away from finally getting a Gyrados, over 250 of those candies have been from walking as my buddy.

16. Squidleybits

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB7,408
    So, when will these special Mewtwo invites come out? I've completed 3 raids over the last few days. Crisply little level 1 raids, but the best I can do solo.

17. Bubble181

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB8,840
    New update on Legendaries and the like.

Starting August 31, the Legendary Pokémon Raikou, Entei, and Suicune will begin appearing in Pokémon GO.

From August 31 to September 30, you can find these Legendary Pokémon in the following areas of the world:
    • Raikou, an Electric-type Legendary Pokémon, can be battled throughout the Americas.
    • Entei, a Fire-type Legendary Pokémon, can be battled throughout Europe and Africa.
    • Suicune, a Water-type Legendary Pokémon, can be battled throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
    On September 30, all three of these Legendary Pokémon will move to a different location and will be available for Trainers to battle with friends until October 31. They will make their final stop in the last remaining location on October 31.

Exclusive (EX) raid battles are more-or-less going beta starting September 6 for select trainers in select locations etc etc. So Mewtwo has been slightly postponed, I guess this means.

• Informative Informative x 3
  18. drifter

drifter Porkchop Express

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB2,646
    One for one on Raikou! Still seeing birds, too, which I'm fine with since I'd like another shot at an Articuno.

19. Bubble181

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB8,840
    Eggs and countdown timers are back :-(

Yuck.

20. Krisken

Krisken Elite Forumite

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB2,678
    Well, I'm bored with it now. I'll never get a Legendary and leveling is a huge chore. The game itself isn't compelling enough to keep me interested.

• Hugs Hugs x 1
  21. Celt Z

Celt Z Ginger

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB6,556
    Yeah, I'm pretty annoyed how they set up the Legendaries. There's a Raikou down the street from me right now, but no one other than me to fight it. The large group thing is annoying and almost impossible to organize (and when it does work, most are usually Spoofers.)

• Brofist Brofist x 1
  22. Bubble181

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB8,840
    It's weird how my experience really is the opposite. Both the whatsapp group and the facebook group around here are alive, with literally hundreds of members, and people really organize. I mean, I just did three Entei raids back to back, with 15 people at each, and there were two other groups of around 15ish people doing the same three in a different order, and another group coming later for those who couldn't make it on time.

I had gotten bored with the game, andraids have really revitalized it for me. I was just checking in daily and not even that anymore every week - and now I've leveled from 27 to 31 in a few weeks' time, having a godo time, being social with people I'd never meet otherwise.

That said, in more rural or less active regions, I'm sure it's an absolute pain.

23. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Hoopy Frood

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB2,563
    This is truth. Largest group that I have heard of being organized here (while I was working of course) was 7 people. So, ya know, Legendaries are right out the window.

24. Bubble181

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB8,840
    To be fair, I've done Entei, Moltres, and Zapdos with fewer than 7, and not extremely high levels at that. Entei can be done with 4 people in the early thirties if you have the right Pokémon (but who doesn't have a bunch of Vaporeons lying around?)

25. Vrii

Vrii Post Hoarder

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB1,534
    8 great curveballs and one laggy normal curve later, the 100% Raikou ran away. Disappointing.

• Hugs Hugs x 3
  26. Bubble181

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB8,840
    So there's a new contest out, and given that it's a combination Pokémon / photography contest, it might just be something someone we know might be interested in.
    Go AR contest

• Like Like x 1
  27. Squidleybits

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB7,408
    What an awesome contest!!! It's worth getting Instagram for.

• Like Like x 1
  28. Bubble181

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB8,840
    In other news, for those interested, datamining has revealed Gen III is coming (at least some of them - possibly only the Ghost Pokémon like the Baby Pokémon were first for Gen II?) this Halloween.

• Like Like x 2
  29. bhamv3

bhamv3 .

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB1,515
    Aww yeah, gimme that Salamence and Metagross!

30. Bubble181

Books:
    HalBucks:
    HB8,840
    Info about the Halloween event

-> Last year's Halloween Pokémon are back, along with their Ghost-type buddies from Gen III - Sableye, Banette and others
    -> The rest of Gen III will be released gradually, beginning in December
    -> Pikachu in a hat
    -> New hat
    -> All candy doubled (walking, catching, hatching, meatgrinder)
    -> New boxes in the shop with Raid Passes and Super Incubators, among others.

Event is from 20/10 12PM PDT to 02/11 1PM PDT.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1