What, no Pokemon Go thread?

And lest you say the map is old, the survey site is still active.[DOUBLEPOST=1468276679,1468276613][/DOUBLEPOST]WTF is other anyways. Fountain drink? I mean, what is that barbarism about?

GasBandit

Staff member
And lest you say the map is old, the survey site is still active.[DOUBLEPOST=1468276679,1468276613][/DOUBLEPOST]WTF is other anyways. Fountain drink? I mean, what is that barbarism about?
Soft Drink, cola, and the ever bastardized "Soda Pop."

B

BErt

Down here, it's "Y'all wanna coke?"

"Sure. What kinds ya got?"

"Regular, diet, sprite, Dr Pepper, and root beer."

"I'll have a Dr Pepper."
This is lawless and awful

So for people who may have been more competitive in the GB games than I, what advantage, if any do I have by having a Jynx with a fairy power as opposed to one with an ice and psychic power?

Last edited by a moderator:

Dave

Staff member
Moot point. My phone won't play it. The app isn't even available for me. So I guess I'll watch you guys have some fun.

Took my wife out to eat. Came back to 3 teens sitting in the stage that serves as the now yellow gym.

My wife and I sat at a park table, and I proceeded to destroy the gym. Put my 1190 vaporeon in there. My wife sticks her 850-ish flareon in right behind me.

Hear the kids start screaming.

"WTF? Someone just took the gym! They're right here somewhere! Hey Gregwhistler!"

Me and my wife raise our hands. They all groan, cause we're like old. I wave "Have a nice day fellas!" and and we start walking back to the house. Hear a screech.

"I can't take it back!"

:rofl:

That's what life's all about ;)

B

BErt

That's pretty great. On my way home I found a Catholic Church that had a Yellow Gym and two Stops, both with active lures. So I pull in and start getting everything I can. Meanwhile there is another car parked there. A few cyclists stop by here and there, but it's pretty much just me and this silver car. Between hitting the spots and grabbing stray Pokemon, I noticed that the gym turned from yellow to red. Suddenly I hear "NOOOO! GO! GO AWAY!"

As soon as the gym had turned red, a black suv with tinted windows pulled into the lot, turned it back to yellow, and then left. The people in the silver car were not pleased.

pokeuhoh.png

source

I now really, really hope someone hacks the system or something to add a MissingNo.
Or, you know, just 'shops it into one of the AR shots.

--Patrick

There's a person on my Facebook friends list who spent all day yesterday whining about how people were flooding her feed with Pokemon stuff. Now she has spent all night doing nothing but flooding her own Facebook with things that essentially say that adults who play it are losers. I can't wait until she spams 100 pictures of her dog in the span of a few minutes again, but first I must think of something pithy to say. :p

As someone who lives in a country where Pokemon Go hasn't been released yet, please imagine me shaking my fist at all of you.

As someone who lives in a country where Pokemon Go hasn't been released yet, please imagine me shaking my fist at all of you.
Hasn't been released here either, but the apk can be found easily and the publishers have pretty much said "sure, go for it" since it's free with micro transactions anyway.

Hasn't been released here either, but the apk can be found easily and the publishers have pretty much said "sure, go for it" since it's free with micro transactions anyway.
But as far as I know, even if you install the apk, the world still isn't populated with Pokemon.

But as far as I know, even if you install the apk, the world still isn't populated with Pokemon.
It most certainly is. Or they've sneakily released it in Belgium without my knowledge :p[DOUBLEPOST=1468314910,1468314780][/DOUBLEPOST]
Y'know, I don't understand that. I mean, I've got 5 gyms within half a mile and a quick count just looking around on the map without moving revealed easily upwards of 30 pokestops within about the same distance. How's saying "it's fairly remote" a good thing? :p #citylife #plentyofpokestops #haventevengonetocampusyet :foreveralone:

I have never been interested in Pokémon before this. I downloaded it just to see what the hype was all about and now find that I'm quite enjoying it. My new neighborhood has a pretty good amount of gyms and stops all pretty close and I was blown away by how many people I see just walking around staring at their phones and huddling around spots I recognize as being in the game. It's almost just as much fun spotting the players as it is playing.

The one disappointment for me is that apparently my phone can't use the AR mode so I can only catch the Pokémon with the artificial background.....

Well, maybe I need a new phone anyway......

Then they just hate Taiwan, I guess. :(
I didn't find any Pokemon until I allowed it complete and unrestricted access to....well, pretty much everything. Even if you turn the AR off it still needs camera access, for some reason, for example, and GPS, and whatever, and the GPS turned on... Otherwise, yeah, they might just hate you (or the Pokemons were already in place in Europe because we were supposed to have gone live already but the roll-out was suspended, while Taiwan might've been slated for a later release anyway?)

Booooooo! ;)

I haven't played Pokemon since Silver was released, but I love this new game. It's simple, don't have to buy a new handheld, and it's something I can do with my son anywhere, which makes mundane tasks far more entertaining (like yesterday, when we had to run a ton of errands, which would usually result in a cranky kid. But not with the possibility of finding new Pokemon!) But the sheer amount of people I run into playing this game astounds me. I can't go anywhere without running into someone playing. At the coffee shop, a whole bunch on my bike ride last night, the Catholic Church next to our house... We went to Red Bank this Sunday for dinner, and every street and park was swarming with people playing the game! I've never seen that many people unless there was a street fair. This also confused and annoyed some elderly and/or baby boomers who didn't know what was going on. (I heard two BB's in front of me complaining about "Everyone's on their phones now! No one is appreciating the world around them!")

And as a side note, Jay and Silent Bob's Secret Stash is a Pokegym, as well as Yestercades up the street, which should surprise no one.