[Question] What actor played more than one part and blew your mind?

Well. In defense of those shows, they were an anachronistic jumble that saw Xena visit both Helen's Troy and Caesar's Rome, cities that existed 1000 years apart.

Yes. I said that in defense of those shows.
I know it doesn't make sense, but I can forgive the anachronism, but can't forgive the name jumble. I think because this isn't limited to those shows. EVERY version of Heracles I can think of does it, so the other things seem like knowing, winking decisions. The names seem like a mistake.

I still liked those shows though. And Jack of All Trades, which also made hilarious anachronistic choices.

Well. In defense of those shows, they were an anachronistic jumble that saw Xena visit both Helen's Troy and Caesar's Rome, cities that existed 1000 years apart.
Yes. I said that in defense of those shows.
And Jerusalem at the turn of BC into AD, too.
The shows were great fun, no argument. But they definitely played fast and loose with history.

—Patrick

Zappit

Staff member
Peter Cullen. He’s the voice behind Optimus Prime.

He also played Eeyore in the old animated Winnie the Pooh films.

Mind. Was. Blown.

Well if you want to go with cartoon voices, there's always the voice of Maggie Simpson or Edna Mode.

--Patrick
Edna Mode is voiced by Brad Bird though, the director of The Incredibles. While a few people have done Maggie's voice, including James Earl Jones in a Tree house of Horror episode, it's typically attributed to Nancy Cartwright for her vocalizations.

Not really the "Played more than one part," but it definitely blew my mind and has to be one of the most shocking things I've seen on the Internet in a loooong time.

jgsuddenly.jpg

--Patrick

Two that blew my mind: learning that James "Uncle Phil" Avery voiced Shredder in the original Ninja Turtles cartoon.

One that blew my mind in recent years is Jonathan Banks (of Breaking Bad and one season of Community) was in Gremlins.

Here's how most of us know him:
1024px-Jonathan_Banks_2012_2.jpg

Here's how I know him:
vxnniqo738841.png