[Thread Game] #Whamageddon2021 - WHAM FREE DIE HARDER

I haven't been inside a store in over a year, the drive thru is so handy. But with all the shortages in this neck of the woods, I felt I had to in order to not hold up the line.

I swear the local radio stations and stores' piped-in music are savvy to this game now, because every time this song comes on, it's the Taylor Swift cover. They're lulling me into a false sense of security, I know it!

EDIT: I was right! They got me this morning as I was dropping Li'l Z off at school. Oh well, at least I can spend the rest of my XMas season stress-free*.

(*Well, no more Wham!-stress. The rest of it....ugh.)
You’re not out. 3rd rule is it must be the original Wham! version of the song.

I'm three hours into a six hour shift in a christmas market. Loud poppy christmas music blasting the whole time. Plenty of Last Christmas, but No Wham version yet...

To make it more fair, I've been going into grocery stores instead of curbside pickup.

Look Halforums! I'm braving Covid for this game! Are you not amused! :p

Still safe.

I suppose you could write Andrew Ridgeley a strongly worded letter. Dunno if you're going to get much of a response from George Michael.

Ouija boards are the unwanted calls of the afterlife. Thought you could rest in peace? Nah. Bunch of 12-year-olds want to know if their crush likes them. AGAIN.

GasBandit

Staff member
I keep forgetting that All I Want For Christmas by Mariah Carey doesn't also disqualify me from this game and I keep thinking I've lost... but I haven't yet.

I've heard it only one other time this passed Mon while I was waiting in line at the bank.
It's apparently much less common than I thought.

--Patrick

Around here, The Wham orginal in getting played more and more the closer we get to Christmas. I haven't heard a cover of it in over a week. I swear this is on purpose. (Also, the Grinchy ambulance, who, as part of the townwide Santa visit/parade, had the original blasting over its speakers.)

I survived :D
I even tried to make it more fair by going into the mall, and into grocery stores. Still, I wasn't out in public as much as I'd be in an 'ordinary' year so it doesn't feel like much of a win.

I also survived, been in several stores over the past couple of weeks. Even took a day trip up near Tin’s crochet clatch last weekend, with the wife skipping to random Christmas music stations on the drive there and back.

I haven't been paying the most attention, but I was out as of 8pm Christmas Eve. I was out taking pictures and a car drove by blasting the song.