[Thread Game] #Whamageddon 2020 - WHAM HARDER

Got worried the other day when a cover came on. Also had to sing it for my wife when I told her about the game.

Thankfully non-wham versions have got me covered.

Played Irish music at a pub today. Wasn't that concerned during the playing, but I got there an hour early to grab a bite of dinner. While they were playing Christmas music, no Wham :D

And I lose. Last night at a friend's annual Christmas party, they had the TV set to a Christmas music satellite channel.

The second I heard I it, I knew, I knew, I had suffered the Whamageddon.

I'm out. Drinks at a local pub. Took me a moment to realize it, and then I said "shit" out loud, and then I had to explain whamageddon to my colleagues, who then simultaneously also lost the game.

I was so scared today, had to spend most of my day in the lab of a teacher that has been playing Christmas music since Nov 1st and he likes the soft rock that Wham is the Ur example of. Yes, this is the “Blue Christmas” teacher for anyone who read that post as well.

He was listening to Classic Rock all day. No Wham. I just have to finish up on Wednesday and then survive my dept Christmas Party on Friday and I am home free.

I’ve been out for weeks, but today when it happened, I sang along at the top of my lungs and embarrassed the hell out of my kid. Why have them if you’re not going to mortify them publicly every so often?

GasBandit

Staff member
I diced with death today... restaurant for dinner, then a trip to walmart and a local liquor store for supplies. Managed not to get Wham'd. But all three places were playing christmas music... I don't know if I'll survive the week.

I know I was out on the first day, but over the last few days I've heard this song so much I'm basically out, like, twenty times over.

I know I was out on the first day, but over the last few days I've heard this song so much I'm basically out, like, twenty times over.
Every time I so much as think about this thread, it starts playing in my head.

...you gaaaave meee awaaaaaaayyy...

--Patrick

I continue to strive on, but I have to admit that when I spend more than five minutes in a store I put in noise-cancelling headphones. ;)

#igotwhammed.

Out at taco Tuesday. This Mexican joint only ever plays Spanish music, so i figured i was safe.
2 minutes in... wham

A word of warning: The music video has been remastered this year in 4K, so expect even more buzz about it than normal.

—Patrick

On December 17th, 2019 at 8:11PM Eastern, I was at Hertel Ave Poutine & Cream. To my regret, they were playing a variety of Christmas music, including a certain "Last Christmas." Tragically, #IGotWhammed

5:53am CET on my way to work. Finally I got whammed.
Cranked the radio up to eleven (well, actually 16) and belted along.

Carry on, survivors! Good luck!