Well, we said we were going to work on the front page!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
And now it's under construction. Be advised that things may change in and out for the next day or so as we switch from WordPress to a more XF friendly CMS portal.

We will be doing such things as:

Promoting threads as articles!
Other stuff I haven't thought of yet.

But things are happening. The front page WILL be relevant, damn it!

I demand a little stick dude on a yellow background digging a hole, with a blinking multicolored banner reading, "UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!"

ElJuski

Staff member
Still wouldn't mind publishing some sort of weekly pop-culture thing, if that is still a maybe thing.

"This week's meme:"

Some suggestions:
-Farts (a classic!)
-Food (the current champ)
-Finns (we got 'em!)
-Fantasy Football (only 4 more months, right?)

These suggestions brought to you by the letter Chaz.

--Patrick

North_Ranger

Staff member
"This week's meme:"

Some suggestions:
-Farts (a classic!)
-Food (the current champ)
-Finns (we got 'em!)
-Fantasy Football (only 4 more months, right?)

These suggestions brought to you by the letter Chaz.

--Patrick
I support this whole-heartedly :D

ElJuski

Staff member
Dude I could be half-past printed by now if you wanted to put it up. Problem with the pop-culture bend is some of it is time-sensitive, you know? Writing about the baby that got locked in the dryer only has so much of a shelf life, dig?

No, but seriously, whenever you guys are ready, just give me some advance notice and I'll crank a lil' sum sum out to get the party started.

Dave

Staff member
Right now if you post something in the Hal Happenings section it automatically gets posted to the front page. I haven't locked it down yet so you could certainly start any time.

Zappit

Staff member
Right now if you post something in the Hal Happenings section it automatically gets posted to the front page. I haven't locked it down yet so you could certainly start any time.
Ah - So I could start posting comics that way, then.

Zappit

Staff member
Right here - I'm in. All I need to do is futz around with Photobucket or Imageshack to see if I can get the images to post at actual size and not get scaled down automatically.

Dave

Staff member
I went ahead and (I think) locked it down. Right now the only ones who can START a new thread are the mods, Zappit, Juice and myself. If you want to have access all you have to do is ask & let me know what you want to post.

Oh, and if someone could test for me I'd appreciate it.

Zappit

Staff member
I'll start uploading comics on Monday - one for the first week, five for next week to boost readership, and - hopefully - be able to maintain a Monday and Friday update schedule after that. I'll reserve a thread for that right now.

Edit - Just saw that I don't have the permissions to post new threads. Part one of the test is complete. :D

You know, I never even knew the new front page was working, because halforums.com still directs to the old page.

I was wondering about that. I only ever saw the front page once in a while, just figured there were lots of links to update.

--Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.