Transformers War for Cybertronian Trilogy - Netflix

Zappit

Staff member
How could we not talk about the newest series by Rooster Teeth? It just came out on Friday, and at six episodes, the first chapter isn’t very long. Here’s the basic info.

Honestly, while it wasn’t the best show, I still liked it. The voice work is by far the greatest weakness. They used non-union VAs and it shows. A few characters also love to randomly pause between words, too. Is few voices just don’t feel right - Jetfire and Optimus’s “big boy voice” in particular are just off.

The animation uses the CAD files of the Siege figures, I suspect. A lot of models get recycled, but it’s done in a way that makes sense when it’s explained that most Cybertronian were purpose-built for specific jobs.

There’s actual backstory given to the conflict, which doesn’t usually happen with TF series anymore.

A few rarely-seen characters also make appearances. Elita-1, Moonracer, Chromia, Impactor, Spinister, Skytread, (formerly known as Flywheels) and Cog get screen time. I won’t go much further because I don’t want to spoil it for anyone, but this series is a bit more mature than others. Characters die.