WandaVision Spoiler Thread

The Office is supposed to be the inspiration for one episode, as is Modern Family (which I know little about).
I saw a trailer for the next episode. They are heavily parodying Modern Family. It’s the “single camera family comedy, jump cut to person speaking to camera like it’s a mockumentary” style. That would be the same style that The Office essentially made famous.

So I've been reading up on theories regarding that very odd Yo Magic commercial.

People seem to agree there is a very Faustian Bargain feel to it. The boy on the island is starving and along comes a scary looking shark with the key to his survival. But in the end his greatest wish does not save him.
Someone has granted Wanda these additional powers, however, they have come at a great cost.
People have also noted that the Shark has a very similar color scheme of a recent addition to the "cast".

1613383224295.png

Last edited:
One of the big rumors swirling is that the "friend" of Monica that will appear in the next episode, and was hinted at in previous episodes, is going to be "pre-powers" Reed Richards, and the person who has been in talks to play him last we heard was John Krasinski (Jim from The Office). Add on the fact that Randall Park (Agent Woo) had a small joke role playing Asian Jim in The Office, and considering Modern Family took a lot of inspiration in it's format from The Office, we could be hitting some extreme forms of meta here.

Not even going to go into the fact that it's very likely Darcy becomes a diner waitress now that she is inside the Hex. It's references all the way down.

Also, one thing I wanted to mention was the commercials. I feel the commercials are traumatic periods in Wanda's life that she is coping with.

#1 : The toaster represents a bomb. When Wanda was young, she, like most people, probably looked up to Tony Stark, since he was considered by many to be a philanthropist and innovator that would take the world into the future. Then her parents are killed by a bomb developed by Stark Industries, unraveling how she saw him and putting her and her brother down the path that made them who they are now. The toaster "ticking down" ominously, before simply giving them toast, was her "sanitizing" this trauma by making the bomb into a simple appliance, one in which no one dies, but ultimately coming to terms with them being gone. "Forget the past, this is your future."

#2 and #3 : The Strucker Watch and Hydrasoak are interesting, in that they kind of overlap. The Strucker Watch represents who recruited them and her idealization of him, as a powerful influential man of refinement who was going to give her everything she ever wanted, "Strucker, he'll always make time for you". Hydrasoak continues on that, but represents the twins being fed up and frustrated protesting with no progress, on the edge. Hydra let them "get away" from that and soaked them in the powers of the infinity stone, making her extremely powerful, "Unlock the goddess within." If you notice, these are very positive commercials, and much like sanitizing the bomb in the first commercial, it's her trying to cope with the fact she got her powers from very bad people and trying to tell herself she shouldn't be ashamed of that.

#4 : Lagos Paper Towels is pretty simple. When she blew up the building in Lagos, killing all those people. It's symbolic in that not only does she never make the mess (it's the kids, or the husband. Likely internalizing that it was Crossbones that did it by blowing himself up.) but she wipes up all the "blood", fixing the problem. Once again, she is trying to sanitize the whole thing, attempting to remove herself from blame and wiping the slate clean. "When you make a mess, you didn't mean to."

#5 : Yo Magic is a bit more difficult to parse, and I honestly think it has multiple meanings, but I think the main thing it represents is her time trapped on "The Raft". She was stuck in the middle of the ocean, with her powers taken away from her, and likely being studied by the government for ways to utilize her powers. The shark represents a manifestation of her desire for freedom (hunger) but her inability to do anything due to her magic being suppressed (unable to open the cup). The kid wasting away is what she thinks would happen to her if she ever lost her "magic" again, and the tag line "Yo Magic, it's for survivors." is once again her coping with that loss of power. She got out, and so she won't let "her magic" ever escape her again, because if it does, death will follow for herself and those she loves.

Now there are two events missing so far from this idea. The death of Pietro, and the death of Vision, but I think the reason no commercials for those events exist is due to just how tragic they are. The others, she is willing to remember in some way to work through the grief and frustration and lies by sanitizing these events into commercials, but the death of her brother and her lover deserve no air-time. There is no way she can "justify" or "overwrite" those memories, and thus there is never a commercial for them.

Last edited:
Episode 7!
Just writing down some notes as I watch.
  • I love how the "glitching" is being written in as part of the comedy in our sitcom homage of the week. You get those delightful "shenanigans" music cues whenever something goes wrong. When Wanda "Case of the Monday"-fies it it's like she's given up ignoring the anomalies and is just doing her best to incorporate them into her perfect little world.
  • I paused on the 5-Day forecast on the TV. But I didn't see anything easter-eggy. Anyone notice anything?
  • Turning the SWORD base into a circus was all kinds of perfect.
  • In all previous episodes Agnes has shown that she seems to be just as under Wanda's spell as the rest of the town. There has always been that hint that there is more to her than it seems. So I don't know what to think of her reveal here as the "main" villain. Even her announcement "The name's Agatha Harkness!" seems so over-the-top for what the creators of the show must have known would have been very obvious to fans ahead of time. Because on one hand, if this is the reveal of the main villain, I feel kinda cheated. She's just really "twirl of the mustache" evil and Not-Pietro just being some random manifestation she came up with seems like a major cop-out for what was otherwise brilliant casting. But on the OTHER HAND... with two episodes left maybe this is all just a huge fake-out. Maybe there is far more to all of this and Agatha is just a pawn in a grander scheme.
  • Also, I think this is the first episode with a mid credits scene, though it wasn't very spectacular or at all revealing.

Last edited:
Episode 7!
Just writing down some notes as I watch.
  • I love how the "glitching" is being written in as part of the comedy in our sitcom homage of the week. You get those delightful "shenanigans" music cues whenever something goes wrong. When Wanda "Case of the Monday"-fies it it's like she's given up ignoring the anomalies and is just doing her best to incorporate them into her perfect little world.
  • I paused on the 5-Day forecast on the TV. But I didn't see anything easter-eggy. Anyone notice anything?
  • Turning the SWORD base into a circus was all kinds of perfect.
  • In all previous episodes Agnes has shown that she seems to be just as under Wanda's spell as the rest of the town. There has always been that hint that there is more to her than it seems. So I don't know what to think of her reveal here as the "main" villain. Even her announcement "The name's Agatha Harkness!" seems so over-the-top for what the creators of the show must have known would have been very obvious to fans ahead of time. Because on one hand, if this is the reveal of the main villain, I feel kinda cheated. She's just really "twirl of the mustache" evil and Not-Pietro just being some random manifestation she came up with seems like a major cop-out for what was otherwise brilliant casting. But on the OTHER HAND... with two episodes left maybe this is all just a huge fake-out. Maybe there is far more to all of this and Agatha is just a pawn in a grander scheme.
  • Also, I think this is the first episode with a mid credits scene, though it wasn't very spectacular or at all revealing.
I think the over the top reveal, as well as the Agatha All Along theme (which was great btw) point to Agatha also being a player for someone else in the show. So she might not be the main villain, but a pawn of the main villain as well.

I think the over the top reveal, as well as the Agatha All Along theme (which was great btw) point to Agatha also being a player for someone else in the show. So she might not be the main villain, but a pawn of the main villain as well.
This is my hope. Because up until this point she really does seem just as under the spell of the Hex as everyone else. A good secret villain reveal is one where if you watch the series again you start to pick out all the little hints you missed.

This is my hope. Because up until this point she really does seem just as under the spell of the Hex as everyone else. A good secret villain reveal is one where if you watch the series again you start to pick out all the little hints you missed.
But these days, all this lines of shows get so over-analyzed by fans on the internet (I don't mean like this thread, but more the frame-by-frame comparisons etc) that practically by reveal is either an ass-pull, or already predicted. There's only so many Chekhov's Guns and continuity pointers and hints you can hide. Viewers - at least the younger more internet wise cynical nerdy group - have gotten very savvy. I prefer a twist I could see coming but wasn't sure of over a twist that's just seemingly random.

You know, thinking about it now, it could still be Wanda. Agnes didn't come over until after Monica told Wanda not to become a villain, so Agnes, still under the spell, steps in to become the new villain and absolve Wanda.

Anyone think it's a coincidence that we get an end credit scene and a superhero origin the same week WandaVision is paying tribute to a show that started in 2009 -- one year after Iron Man made superheroes common knowledge?

The reveal is that Pietro is on team Agatha.
I wouldn't go that far, all it revealed is that Pietro caught her looking at the basement. We have no idea if he is actually on her side or not. It really just revealed that he continues to exist.

On one hand, I like the reveal of Agatha, on the other hand, it DOES feel like this whole thing was staged to absolve Wanda of her own guilt. What is throwing me off are the Vision scenes. If they didn't have the scenes of Vision talking to the camera, I would have seen it as staged because only Wanda has the "Television" scenes, and since Agatha had a soap opera style reveal and a theme song, that fits. Yet Vision and Darcy are right now "In-yet-out" of the Television world, yet Vision still had random moments where he was speaking with the camera, which means the Hex itself could be forcing these plots.

Vision is definitely something neither Agatha nor Wanda can control, and I think it is Agatha that is going to great lengths to keep Vision away from Wanda right now.

Side note, Disney redacted the spoiler in the end credits, which I found amusing:
1613746624356.png

AND-I'm back to thinking Quicksilver is from the X-men movie universe again, MAN this show is a whirl wind!

I think this since AGATHA was the one controlling him, and given her reaction to Wanda's supposed resurrection powers, I think its something Wanda can do and she can't.

FINAL THOUGHT-Ralph is dead and she's trying to get Wanda to bring him back to life.

Ralph is almost guaranteed to be Mephisto, should he exist at all.

Of course, it could be that Mephisto is dead, as I don't see them going into the whole "He is the devil pulling all the strings from hell" for the MCU, and instead might have him be a more super natural super being that Agatha is trying to awaken from some death like sleep. I have a feeling if that is the route they go, it was not Wanda that she needed, but Billy and Tommy. Goes a long way to explain Quicksilver calling them demon spawn in the episode before this one. Now that she has the twins, she had no need to conceal herself from Wanda anymore.

Dave

Staff member
I think Agatha is a sleight of hand for the audience. The REAL villain wouldn't have a cheeky, fun theme song all set up and ready to go. I completely agree with @Ravenpoe that Agatha is made to be the villain so that Wanda is not.

I think Agatha is a sleight of hand for the audience. The REAL villain wouldn't have a cheeky, fun theme song all set up and ready to go. I completely agree with @Ravenpoe that Agatha is made to be the villain so that Wanda is not.
I thought this too, but honestly there are two things that kind of throw wrenches in that theory.

1) Billy was unable to read Agatha's mind, even before Wanda and Monica had their confrontation. This points to Agnes / Agatha having some sort of resistant to Wanda's powers, as Billy inherited many of his powers from her.

2) This episode broke a motif in that the "television" stuff only happened with people under Wanda's control, but this episode has Vision break into the interview moment and do the forth wall breaks even though he isn't under Wanda's control anymore. This, to me, means someone else has to be pushing for Vision to have these moments, either Agatha, or maybe even the Hex itself.

The thing is, if Agatha is the one behind the Hex, then all the television motifs could be specifically because she loves television. In that situation, her having a big reveal moment and a theme song fits within the character. Remember, she is the one that acted like an actress on a stage in the 70s episode and during the song was shown as the "director" of the interview parts of this episode. If this is all a television show in which she is the director / actress, that then fits that she would keep up that motif even when telling Wanda the truth.

I mean, it makes sense. How old is Wanda? Why would she craft a world that starts in 1950s television? She wasn't even born yet, and I don't think Sokovia has Nick At Nite. However, a possibly ancient witch from eons past with a flare for the dramatic? That makes a lot more sense.

So on Agatha being the main villain, remember she is a witch and witches get their powers from some other, be it devil, demon, or other cosmic entity. I think the 'real' big bad has yet to be revealed.

So on Agatha being the main villain, remember she is a witch and witches get their powers from some other, be it devil, demon, or other cosmic entity. I think the 'real' big bad has yet to be revealed.
What if the whole thing is just Agatha trying to entertain Mephisto? Like, they been doing this just so he has something to watch each night because he is bored.

Agatha in the comics is also sometimes an anti-hero or friend to Wanda, so maybe she is just trying to keep Mephisto content to save the world, and everything is ruined by the end and Mephisto decides to get himself involved.

I mean, it makes sense. How old is Wanda? Why would she craft a world that starts in 1950s television? She wasn't even born yet, and I don't think Sokovia has Nick At Nite. However, a possibly ancient witch from eons past with a flare for the dramatic? That makes a lot more sense.
Wanda is apparently 31.

Actually, a lot of older TV shows had a much extended life in places like the former soviet bloc because they were already translated into those languages before the wall fell so they could be sold on the cheap to stations in those areas. So stuff like I Love Lucy and others were ready to go when Wanda was a kid... and at the very least, it's something that would have been playing or she'd have had access to. I'm more surprised she's seen stuff like Malcom in the Middle or The Office, but I suppose she was also on lockdown in Avengers HQ for awhile with nothing to do. I could totally see her binging Nick at Nite as comfort food, if it's the kind of stuff she'd have done with Pietro. Hell, Vision probably did it with her and it's probably WHY she choose to base her world on this things.

I'm going to take a break from the speculation for a sec and mention that whoever did the set design for WandaVision should will ALL of the awards? They picked a design that would not only be able to be immediately recognizable to whichever tv show/era they're parodying, but also able to be redressed/redesigned almost from scratch every time there's a new episode? That's a ridiculous amount of work.

I'm just commenting so I can see all your theories and be notified. I adored the hell out of this episode, and wanted to add- did no one else love Monica getting her super powers from being so stubborn she pushed through the hex?
YEAH that was straight up my shit right there. If this season ends with Monica in a beam struggle with literally ANYONE I'll die a happy clam.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've rewatched Agatha's song more than half a dozen times already.

Also, looks like I was right that her location in the last episode was awfully convenient. I think she's been trying to separate Vision from Wanda because he'd protect her and she Agnes can't directly control him.

If Pietro isn't Mephisto or Nightmare, I'm guessing he's working for Agnes. I'm still not convinced he's Quicksilver from the X-Men universe. I think it was just brilliant stunt casting as a red herring. I also think the mailman is in on it, too. Notice the rabbit symbol on his hat this episode? Maybe he's part of her coven or something.

I'm a little disappointed Monica's contact was just...some unnamed woman. After all the build up and constantly mentioning them, I thought it'd be SOMEONE.