WandaVision Spoiler Thread

figmentPez

Staff member
I think it's well past time we had a place to discuss this show without spoiler boxes.

So, Malcom in the Middle opening, huh? I guess they're conveniently skipping over the Full House era, avoiding Elizabeth Olsen having to say "You're in big trouble, Mister!"

Something just occurred to me. People seem to think Mephisto is going to appear in WandaVision. I'm not so sure that aligns with family friendly Disney.

But given that Wanda is set to be in Dr Strange 2, you know who MIGHT fit?

NIGHTMARE.
View attachment 37090
He's a classic Dr Strange villain. He's all about creating dreams or nightmares for people. And he was rumored at one point to be the main villain in Dr Strange 2.

But hey, that's just a theory...
Personally, I think it's going to be like Ronin in Guardians of the Galaxy. Nightmare (or some other villain) is the one causing the problems in WandaVision, but Mephisto is a bigger bad pulling strings beyond the immediate threat.

Nightmare is even more likely as a culprit, after Hayward said "We take her out this whole nightmare ends".

--

I like this series of tweets from Nash Bozard

Honestly, I'm down for the Muppets showing up, and I really hope that reality gets that broken at some point.

Yeah. Episode 5 was the 80s era and had some Full House references such as shots from the episode theme song.
I still think it's going to be Mephisto. In fact I feel like Evan Peters is Mephisto but posing as Pietro as he tries to keep Wanda fixated on this world and possibly get close to her to better control her powers.
Even if not I'm guessing he will be someone important, but not X-Men universe Quicksilver important. Now that an episode has gone by without discussing that possibility I think it's safe to say the Evan Peters intro is just a clever use of casting.
He does, however, clearly know more than he's admitting.
Agnes still has that Harkness likelihood going for her, especially with her dressed as a witch for Halloween. But she's just at the mercy of Wanda's powers as anyone.
Speaking of Wanda's powers, while she could potentially control the minds of the residents, she's never had the powers to physically alter reality. Something has granted her these powers, and taken away her memory of how she got them.

That commercial in episode 6 was dark S hell too. What was the message with that one?
A shark trying to steal magic while the kid starves to death on an island?

It also could be reference to how the people on the outer edge of the control are likely starving to death since Wanda isn't making them eat, or do anything.

As the commercials go, I think they're referencing infinity stones. Here are the commercials:
1. Stark-made toaster with a single blinking light in the center, not in color so can't tell what color it is, but could reference a humorous bit from the comics referring to Vision as a glorified toaster. - Mind Stone
2. Strucker watch - Again, black and white but the watch is actually available for purchase online and is gold with a green face - Time Stone
3. Hydra soak - "Escape to a world all your own", also a blue square - Space Stone
4. Lagos paper towels - shown cleaning up an out of control red liquid - Reality Stone
5. Yo-Magic - Devil's bargain, sacrifice a life for reward - Soul Stone

That is not a red light:

There was actually no color at all in the first episode. The first color in the show was the red and yellow helicopter in episode 2.

EDIT: Weird, in the thumbnail and youtube video it's not red, but in the show it definitely is red. I'm sticking with mind stone representation though.

EDIT 2: Heh, if you watch the episode in Disney plus, the first time the light blinks it's yellow, then when they cut back to it at the end it's red.
toaster_red.jpgtoaster_yellow.jpg

Last edited:
That is not a red light:

There was actually no color at all in the first episode. The first color in the show was the red and yellow helicopter in episode 2.

EDIT: Weird, in the thumbnail and youtube video it's not red, but in the show it definitely is red. I'm sticking with mind stone representation though.

EDIT 2: Heh, if you watch the episode in Disney plus, the first time the light blinks it's yellow, then when they cut back to it at the end it's red.
View attachment 37103View attachment 37104
Youtube compression loses the color because it's so small.

In the actual episode, the light is not in color until the 'beeping' starts, then it's red.

I think each commercial is a reference to trauma in Wanda's past. The toaster beeps like a bomb, in age of Ultron you discover that the maximoffs were killed when their apartment building was hit by a Stark Industries shell. A second shell hit but did not detonate, much like the toaster counting down to nothing.

1613151330551.png

The second commercial references Wolfgang von Strucker, the HYDRA scientist that experimented on Wanda and Pietro and ultimately gave them their powers.

Hydrasoak is pretty obvious. When you want to get away without going anywhere, both referencing how Wanda is running from her problems by staying put in her bubble, and also how she joined HYDRA after the death of her parents.

Lagos towels, again, obvious. Lagos is the city she's in when she accidently blows up a building kicking off Civil War, a mess she didn't mean to make.

I'm not sure why he would remember being gunned down then.
Part of me is thinking the re-cast was done as a clever reference, and that it IS MCU-Pietro's body re-animated, but like implied with Vision Wanda can't actually resurrect people, she just re-structures matter into something different with the same properties, and whatever memories Wanda wants to implant into said being.

Although given Pietro's funky dialogue, WON'T be surprised if he is Mephisto or some other such suchery.

Yeah, I'm with Yoshi and Shawn here. As I'd suspected, I don't think this is Quicksilver from the X-Men movies. He felt too...manipulative, especially during their heart to heart where he gives his blessing for what she's doing.

Also notice how he spent 90% of his time with the kids? And basically helped unlock their powers?

If he's not Mephisto or Nightmare himself, I would not be surprised if he's involved in some way.

Less sure about Agnes now, though. I still think she's more self aware than others in the town, but I'm not sure to what degree.

Crap, now I'm thinking Agnes might be a feint like the Skrulls in Captain Marvel. Still think she knows more than she's saying, but still a LOT of ways here.

Crap, now I'm thinking Agnes might be a feint like the Skrulls in Captain Marvel. Still think she knows more than she's saying, but still a LOT of ways here.
Come to think of it, who's to say the whole bit with Vision wasn't a performance just for him? Not that this genre isn't already filled with contrivances, but it was awfully convenient she stopped her car right there, at the edge of town, and pointing a proverbial arrow right at the exit and the SWORD camp.

I figured she was trying to get out but couldn't.
That's definitely a possibility, too. It's hard to say. Maybe Wanda's spell weakened on Agnes because she was trying to control so many people all at once? Weakened enough that she at least attempted an escape?

figmentPez

Staff member
Okay, this a long-shot (pun intended), but all the players on the field have me wondering if Inferno could be the next Infinity War. The MCU could be bringing in the X-Men, there's been the (failed) New Mutants movie, Mephisto is heavily hinted at, with possible demons and Limbo being part of the picture. Inferno isn't a story arc I hear mentioned by fans very often, and it's got a huge score of problems, but.... C'mon, tell me you don't want to see the Goblin Queen ruling a twisted version of the MCU.

As the commercials go, I think they're referencing infinity stones. Here are the commercials:
1. Stark-made toaster with a single blinking light in the center, not in color so can't tell what color it is, but could reference a humorous bit from the comics referring to Vision as a glorified toaster. - Mind Stone
2. Strucker watch - Again, black and white but the watch is actually available for purchase online and is gold with a green face - Time Stone
3. Hydra soak - "Escape to a world all your own", also a blue square - Space Stone
4. Lagos paper towels - shown cleaning up an out of control red liquid - Reality Stone
5. Yo-Magic - Devil's bargain, sacrifice a life for reward - Soul Stone
Hmm... if they are a reference to the Infinity Stones, maybe Thanos atomizing them didn't actually destroy them, just spread them around, and some of their power is coalescing around Wanda, giving her the boost to do all this stuff.

Has anyone considered that “mutants” could be random people from a very large group (let’s say... half the world population) that recently went through a cosmic level event event and we’re altered on a dna level?
That's clever.

I have to admit that Bucky and the Falcon being on "TV" kinda makes me sad. I hoped it could be a MCU movie. Then again this will be 5 to 10 hours instead.

Huh. You know, I just realized something.

SWORD's base of operations looks like it includes some shuttles. Shuttles that someone could...borrow for an experiment or mission.

Say...a FOUR-man mission.
Episode 4 when Monica is being reintroduced to sword, they mention their space program and some problems with their astronauts. Particularly some missing astronauts.

:whistling:
Far said:
So Wandavision
Didn't think they'd jump right into setting up phase 4 so quickly but looks like his return/revival/recast has set that off like a shot.

Also curious now if the missing Sword astronauts from episode 4 might be the lead up to a certain fantastic family.

I'm just down with the great sitcom parodies. This last one was a PERFECT re-imagining of Malcom in the Middle.

I wonder what is next, sitcom-wise? We're into the 2000's. It would be amusing if they did a shout-out to something like Fresh Off the Boat (which is both an ABC/Disney property AND starring Randall Park).