[PC Game] VR Game Reviews

About that...
This is shitty, but seems to only happen to people who don't merge their account before they set up the headset. So Facebook needs to get their shit together, but my account was already merged.

My VR is shipping finally, after sitting as requested with steam for 8 weeks(steam has a backlog currently but I tell you I'd take this option of putting my name down saying I want one any day vs the absolute cluster fuck it currently is to get a graphics card). Looking at the sale for any VR stuff if you have recommendations.

So far I have Half Life: Alyx(comes with the order)
Fallout 4 VR
Skyrim VR
Hellblade: Sensuna's Sacrifice VR
Star Wars: Squadrons

Superhot is on my radar, as is Gorn and maybe Boneworks. Not super interested in Beat Saber but other than that let me know of any gems you've found.

Last edited:
Oooh, Best Buy actually had flight sticks for sale online today, first time I've seen them appear in the wild and not from a scalper in months. I guess I'll buy Star Wars Squadrons next week when it gets here.

Hey Oculus people, Acron is free right now, and it's a fun game to play with friends. Only one of you needs a VR headset, then other people connect with phones and try to beat you. You can stream your game and your friends can join from anywhere, so it doesn't need to be an in person experience.

Walkabout Mini Golf is easily the one of the best VR games out there. The physics are on point and the courses are fun. I think it's Oculus exclusive right now, but it looks to be coming to Steam soon.

So, I've been getting back into the VR games. Partly thanks to some kind fellows gifting games to me (even though the INTENT was to gift some games back in return, you bastards), and bought a few on sale.

Walkabout Mini-Golf

Oh my god, I love this. It seems to have great physics for mini-golf and I love that there's extra golf balls to find in EACH hole. So per level, there's 18 balls to find. So it's not just a great mini-golf game, but a fun little collectible hunt. I've only played the first two levels so far but I love it.

Boneworks

I was kinda digging this, but when I attempted to enter into the next level VERY early into the game (going through a door in a break room), it got stuck on the loading screen. I attempted to quit the game and continue, but it's still frozen on the loading screen even then. I don't know what's wrong there. I was barely even into the game.

I Expect You to Die

Okay, this is almost worth the price of admission for the intro alone. Seriously, it puts you IN a James Bond style opening number. Nothing to do but watch, but it's brilliant. I don't recommend just watching it on YouTube or something. I recommend experiencing it for yourself.

As for the game, it's a clever, hilarious escape room style game where you're a Bond-like secret agent who needs to complete a mission. Except there are multiple ways you can die. Only setback I find is having to repeat the whole level if you die, but honestly, each level is short enough that it's not THAT much a bother. Highly recommended.

Job Simulator

Always heard good things about this one and...it's cute. I don't know, maybe I've just been wowed by other games, but this one, while engaging, didn't wow me like I maybe thought it would. I'll probably keep playing it, but it's not as great as I had thought it would be.