Vinyl

Quite the find at a music store about half an hour away that also does used books and records...

Most were in decent shape to almost new. Except for one:

The wash solution didn't do anything to that, so I post on Audiokarma. Response is the wood glue method may rescue even this. And so...

In about an hour I'll turn a fan on to speed curing, and then by time to get up for work I will know. Worst case is I'm out a shot of glue and 50 cents.

Heh. What is this? I have the West Side Story album, too.

Is this like Videodisc, where theres only so many copies of things that everyone seems to have?

--Patrick

It's an unwritten rule that any used record store or thrift shop (ESPECIALLY thrift shops) must carry a) Herb Alpert, b) Ray Conniff, or c) Bert Kaempfert. Usually all of the above. I've yet to find a store that didn't have at least one copy of Alpert's Going Places. Too bad for me I chose the worst quality one of the bunch to finally buy. :p

GasBandit

Staff member
I admit, I'm curious.
I imagine your profession lends itself to the discovery of some gems.

--Patrick
Heh, in all seriousness, this was cool 20-25 years ago... but now it just sounds like hilariously dated punk. But dat album cover.

Whole album:

Appropriate for the occasion this weekend...

(Finds like this keep the rest of the family interested and gives me free reign to spend whatever on vinyl :))

Man, that First Family album was still in print when I was in high school around 85-87. I remember seeing it in the stacks at Musicland.

Kind of Blue was remastered in mono and released on 180g vinyl on Record Store Day Black Friday this year.

My copy just arrived:

It sounds awesome. :)

More more. $40. $15 of that was for the White Album...

The single is Friends of Distinction - Grazing in the Grass. Original is on the Hugh Masekela album I bought on Sunday. :)

Yes, I bought another copy of Moving Waves. Side two of the first one was a disaster. That DNFTF is a recent remaster bought new.

Small run this week. Was holding onto cash for a new receiver (that was already sold before I got back to the store after seeing it a few days ago) and a new stylus for the current cartridge (the one everyone keeps telling me I need to get).

We're finally moving all our albums over to where they will be displayed*, perhaps I shall shoot a pic or two.

Two did not survive or were in too bad of shape to be rescued: Bill Cosby's "Wonderfulness" (too scratched) and The Beatles' "The Beatles" (cracked from edge to center).

--Patrick
*no decent player, yet.

And a triple-Zappa, to boot!

--Patrick
Quintuple. Freak Out and Sheik Yerbouti are double albums. :)

And I found out those colored vinyl copies of Piper at the Gates of Dawn are fakes. Unauthorized by the band or label. Sounds decent enough, so no biggie.

Today's Record Store Day! Attic Records had 20% off all used. Jerry's Records had a grab bag off 100+ free records. That's all in the crate.

GasBandit

Staff member
Let me tell you guys... this LP, 12 inch, by Masonry? Worst album I've ever heard. Hands down. I can't believe anybody listens to this crap. "Discard if Damaged" is a halfway decent track, though.