[Brazelton] Vine

Twitter has announced that it is going to shut down vine. Really disappointing as it was easily the best way to get quick highlights on Twitter, but I guess it's just more proof that popularity != money on the Internet.

With how much I hear about assholes and harassment on Twitter, I'm amazed anyone still uses it. The only thing I tend to do with my Twitter is retweet things and get friended by spam bots.

Vine was awesome, my twitter feed exploded with a bunch of "best of" posts. I hope someone swoops in and buys it/saves it/whatever. There was more entertainment and creativity in some of those six seconds than 22/42 minute TV episodes.

Vine was never my thing, but I'm happy for Will Sasso's use of it. Especially the lemons!

The one at the end was when I think Instagram introduced their own videos, which were allowed to be longer.

(Though I never understood the joke involving him watching the basketball game.)

King Bach was the king of vine, for a reason.
And looks like he was a major contributor to it's demise, or at the very least helped drive the final nail in the coffin:

http://www.businessinsider.com/vines-biggest-stars-tried-saving-company-2016-10

Interesting that they view themselves as potential saviors in this scenario.

So, maybe someone can explain it to me. Where did the money come from on Vine? I understand Youtube, but I don't recall there being any advertising on Vine other than user specific deals, which of course doesn't affect Vine itself. (for that matter same goes for IG & SC?)