Vermintide

I haven't even watched this yet and I hate you.

Well no, I'd hate you more if you had the video of where we were having stupid drunken bickering and you subtitled it that way. Lol

GasBandit

Staff member

I haven't even watched this yet and I hate you.

Well no, I'd hate you more if you had the video of where we were having stupid drunken bickering and you subtitled it that way. Lol
Hah, well, fortunately for us both, I deleted that footage in a drunken fit of pique when I crashed in the middle of the level. So the record of you calling me SuperDwarf McAwesomePants or whatever it was is lost to the ages. :(

So I just successfully pug'd smugglers run and the black powder map on hard. One of the little tricks I see people using is waiting to be downed before healing since you rez with 50% hp, so a kit or a potion brings you up to 100%. Worked pretty well.

So I just successfully pug'd smugglers run and the black powder map on hard. One of the little tricks I see people using is waiting to be downed before healing since you rez with 50% hp, so a kit or a potion brings you up to 100%. Worked pretty well.
I feel so betrayed.

Actually I seem to recall something about Blood Bowl taking priority over hanging out with us too. Clearly this isn't going to work out.

:rofl:

GasBandit

Staff member
There was a patch today:

Patch 1.0.1
Changelog:
- Voip is now enabled by default
- Made bots more passive when Stormvermin Patrol is near
- Tweaked bot healing behaviour
- Fixed a crash related to audio
- Fixed a crash related to AI being alerted
- Fixed Gamepad not being able to change gamma setting
- Fixed an issue where cursor would remain ingame
- Fixed an issue where input could become delayed when looking diagonally
- Fixed an issue where player could be moved during menu
- Added newsticker ingame for important alerts
- Fixed an issue where right thumb stick couldn't be used for input on gamepad
- Fixed an issue with attack sweeps occasionally not hitting
- Optimized FX of Drakefire Pistols
- Fixed an issue with Gutter Runner pouncing
- Improved clarity of keybindings
- Fixed a dialogue error when seeing enemies
- Fixed a number of potential crashes on startup
- Fixed an error where Lobby Browser was displaying an incorrect number of lobbies

There was a patch today:

Patch 1.0.1
Changelog:
- Voip is now enabled by default
- Made bots more passive when Stormvermin Patrol is near
- Tweaked bot healing behaviour
- Fixed a crash related to audio
- Fixed a crash related to AI being alerted
- Fixed Gamepad not being able to change gamma setting
- Fixed an issue where cursor would remain ingame
- Fixed an issue where input could become delayed when looking diagonally
- Fixed an issue where player could be moved during menu
- Added newsticker ingame for important alerts
- Fixed an issue where right thumb stick couldn't be used for input on gamepad
- Fixed an issue with attack sweeps occasionally not hitting
- Optimized FX of Drakefire Pistols
- Fixed an issue with Gutter Runner pouncing
- Improved clarity of keybindings
- Fixed a dialogue error when seeing enemies
- Fixed a number of potential crashes on startup
- Fixed an error where Lobby Browser was displaying an incorrect number of lobbies
For a quick moment, when I saw the list, I thought I had accidentally clicked on your "Things I Hate" thread.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
For a quick moment, when I saw the list, I thought I had accidentally clicked on your "Things I Hate" thread.

--Patrick
Nah, I didn't have to go into work today (yet).

Also that thread is now about big boobs, so it's hard to stay cranky there.

After going and reading the summary of the Reddit AMA from a few days ago, I am pretty happy with some of the dev philosophies. A big one being that only the host needs to own a DLC map if they want to play it with their friends.

After going and reading the summary of the Reddit AMA from a few days ago, I am pretty happy with some of the dev philosophies. A big one being that only the host needs to own a DLC map if they want to play it with their friends.
Did they talk about possibly doing more characters in the future?

Did they talk about possibly doing more characters in the future?
https://m.reddit.com/r/Vermintide/comments/3pwtbv/summary_of_the_ama_with_fatshark_at_rgames/

Is there any chance to introduce more races ( playable )? ( orc etc... )

Martin, CEO: Yes! We actually already have one enemy from a different faction in the pre production phase. Let the speculations begin. ;)

Not to suggest I don't think there's enough as it is (I'm very happy with the five we already have), but out of curiosity, are there any plans kicking around to add in more playable characters?

Mårten, Producer: When we picked these five, we started out with almost fifty different races and careers and had a really hard time choosing, but we are really happy with how they turned out.

We do though have a lot of plans, almost anything can be found in them. ;)