Vent

Dave

Staff member
Hey sweet! We can test out the vent/UStream thing for next week (and the following week as well).

Dave

Staff member
No, it's UStream. I'd be recording/broadcasting live and we would also be talking on Vent. There's also a chat function for when the Vent is full, which it probably will be considering it fits 15.

GasBandit

Staff member
Sorry, I meant Vent, I know how uStream works

does that Vent thing work better than Skype?
It's kind of a different animal. There's no "account" for vent, it has more in common with teamspeak. You just install the client, set up a username (so that different users could conceivably use the same copy of ventrilo), and under that username you add servers. Server info is in the thread.

GasBandit

Staff member
As long as people use good Comm discipline, I've been in ventrilo channels that had 24 people in them and it was workable. (Of course, we were there to kick ass, not socialize) Make sure you set up push-to-talk under the "setup" button.

As long as people use good Comm discipline, I've been in ventrilo channels that had 24 people in them and it was workable. Make sure you set up push-to-talk under the "setup" button.
For those scenarios, I really prefer mumble. We used that in EVE, and even had a sweet eve overlay that told you who was talking.

im on now, at least until kiki demands we watch animes....and then again at the assigned meet up time.