[Bug] Unable to access Halforums without proxy... again.

Yeah, and it's back now, Everything seems to be going fine. I guess I'll never understand the vagaries of computer thingamajigs.

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, and it's back now, Everything seems to be going fine. I guess I'll never understand the vagaries of computer thingamajigs.
Just out of curiosity, are you running your blackberry off your wifi, or its own cellular data connection?

Welp, just tried it and so far so good, we'll see if it sticks. Precedent seems to be on my side anyway.

Thanks for your help, guys!

This one was weird. I tried to log in while connected to a VPN while at work. Got a "This Account Has Been Suspended" page. Went in with Safari on my iPad, which was on hotel wi-fi. Nothing wrong. Disconnect from the VPN, and I get here fine.

Well here's the problem. Tracerts going to different destinations.

Tracert with VPN on:

Tracert with VPN off:

Last edited:
I had the same problem. I just exited out to the Halforums homepage, then came in the forums from there.

Still weird though.

Dave

Staff member
There was a server that took a shit. The backup apparently denied the requests for connection. Host had to physically go to the server farm and hot swap.

There was a server that took a shit. The backup apparently denied the requests for connection. Host had to physically go to the server farm and hot swap.
That explains why time wound back a bit there.
I noticed this morning that some of the posts I read last night were marked as unread again this morning and figured something like that had to have happened.

--Patrick