Ukulele Lady

Cajungal

Staff member

Urgh. I can sing that song way better, but whatever. I've been practicing for the national anthem in February. Anyway, I think I've gotten a little better. Sorry about the terrible, terrible sound.

very nice. not the song I was hoping for, but probably better.

also, reminds me OF A UKULELE ANECDOTE. I WAS AT A PLACE AND THERE WAS A GUY PLAYING "BROWN-EYED GIRL" ON THE UKE. THIS VIDEO MAKES ME REMEMBER WHEN HE USED TO SAY "SHA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA" AND IT MAKES ME WANT TO UKE.

IN A GOOD WAY.

*sigh* I remember when I could sing that well. Puberty was not kind to me, as it dropped my singing voice 2 octaves without letting me sing 2 octaves lower than before. This means my range is very limited these days.

Believe it or not I think the sound quality actually enhances things. Makes it sound like an old-timey record.

P

Philosopher B.

Very soothing. I feel like I should be listening to this whilst floating along in a canoe.

Also, fourthed or what-have-you on it having a pleasant 'old-timey' feel.

Cajungal

Staff member
Next up: "When I'm 64"
:angry:

I have some time to wait to hear the song I want to hear[/QUOTE]

What song did you want? Anyone else feel free to chime in too... just remember that I'm new at this. :eek:
also thanks again everyone ^_^

What song did you want? Anyone else feel free to chime in too... just remember that I'm new at this. :eek:
also thanks again everyone ^_^
Try 'Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman'! (I know that's not the title of the song, but this guy I know who also has an uke played it alot on a camping trip. It works pretty good.)

Cajungal

Staff member
I actually have been looking for "Still Alive." I can sing it ok, too. It's my favorite song on Rock Band. :p Well, after that Monkees song...

I might be able to do Spiderman... I found a whole bunch of TMBG tabs someplace.... lemme go check...

C

callistarya

I loved your song. :D

It made me think of Doris Day. Your voice is very similar. Made me go back to the days when I would sit with my mom and watch old movies all day.

Thanks for giving me a good memory day. I want to go hug my mom now. heh

This was totally groovy! Nice job CG! You've progressed nicely! Do you play guitar also? Cause I know you just recently got the uke.

Cajungal

Staff member
I played guitar for about a year when I was a kid. Then I had to choose between guitar and choir, and I chose choir. I haven't played an instrument since then. I don't really have any interest in the guitar. I like my tiny, portable joy. ^_^ I'm glad this thread got bumped... I have some songs I wanna tape when I'm not in workout clothing.

Cajungal

Staff member
Actually, my brother lined one up, but he double booked, so it was canceled. It's ok, though. Instead I'm gonna go hear him open for John Cleary. :D

Cajungal

Staff member
Probably the girls. Women really like my brother. I don't really want men to throw their underwear at me.