Ukulele Lady

Cajungal

Staff member
CG I can't get enough of your ukulele fabulousness ♥
I love the ukulele so much I decided last year I'm going to learn how to play it. My aunt from Tijuana is sending me one next month :D
I will ask you for lots of tips cause you're so so so awesome :****
Aww thank you!

I'd be glad to help in any way I can. Truth is, I learned using website and youtube tutorials. I'm probably not doing everything exactly right, but there are some questions I could definitely answer. :) Leon, Oliver, and I are at your service.

Hey CG!
I got my ukulele! :D
*does the ukulele dance*
I was wondering if you had any tips for finger and strumming exercises and really easy beginner songs...

I love it so much

Cajungal

Staff member
Hey, @Morphine! That's a really cute ukulele. :) Sorry it took me so long to reply. I saw this at work and meant to write back when I had more time, and it just go away from me.

I spent a lot of time on alligatorboogaloo.com when I was starting out. That has a lot of good tips. Remember not to strum directly over the sound hole; you want to strum closer to the neck. And if you want to use a pick, make sure it's a soft felt one for a better sound.

Good beginner songs... I learned "Walking After Midnight" really quickly. It's only 4 chords. "We'll meet again" is pretty easy too. If you go to ukulele websites, a lot of them have songs rated for difficulty. I think boogaloo does. That's a great place to start.

I hope you're having fun!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

I will check out alligatorboogaloo.com, thanks CG!
I already learned 2 songs :D both really easy, yesterday I searched for la vie en rose and I was (sort of) playing it by the end of the day, I'm surprised and in love with how easy playing the ukulele actually is :D

I'll post something when it sounds a bit better.

Thank you! :***

Cajungal

Staff member
I will check out alligatorboogaloo.com, thanks CG!
I already learned 2 songs :D both really easy, yesterday I searched for la vie en rose and I was (sort of) playing it by the end of the day, I'm surprised and in love with how easy playing the ukulele actually is :D

I'll post something when it sounds a bit better.

Thank you! :***
Glad the link helped! I saw your video on facebook. You have a beautiful voice :)

I don't know how keen you'd be to have strangers watch your videos, but I bet the r/ukulele subreddit would enjoy this.

Cajungal

Staff member
I have a video dump. I'll start with this parody based on my experiences walking around the city:

Post automatically merged:

This is one I sing for my kids all the time.