[Request] u2f?

Who wants access to your halforums account that badly?
No one, but I use the same password for a lot of stuff because I'm a horrible person and I deserve to be hacked so I'm trying to mitigate a little bit. and u2f is the only way I can log in to a lot of websites at work because I have to use a tor browser to bypass my works proxy's so it looks like I'm logging in from all over the world lol

Hijacking this thread as a follow-up; is it possible to enable the 2FA setting on this forum to send for a notification that you can approve, instead of having to put in the one-time-code that's listed in the app? I like having 2FA, but I also like convenience.

GasBandit

Staff member
Hijacking this thread as a follow-up; is it possible to enable the 2FA setting on this forum to send for a notification that you can approve, instead of having to put in the one-time-code that's listed in the app? I like having 2FA, but I also like convenience.
Currently, there may be a way to implement that if you use Authy, but ONLY if you use Authy, and it requires some backend API shenanigans that I won't even begin to be able to look at until after work.

The only other options are one time codes and e-mail verification.

Do you use Authy?

The difficulty with SMS authentication is that someone has to pay for the SMS messages, and that's going to depend on whether the company that hosts HF includes that in the plan or whether they are going to pass that cost along to @Dave -- as a courtesy, no doubt.

--Patrick

Currently, there may be a way to implement that if you use Authy, but ONLY if you use Authy, and it requires some backend API shenanigans that I won't even begin to be able to look at until after work.

The only other options are one time codes and e-mail verification.

Do you use Authy?
I do not. Ah well, worth a shot!