[Music] Eurovision 2018

I completely forgot that the final of the Eurovision song contest is today. Since I haven't watched the semi finals I don't know what songs to expect. So let's take a look at the participants.

Well is a nice collection and variety of different genres but also the usually bullshit.
Anyway I will watch it since I don't have anything else to do.. . with the help of alcohol. Lots of it.

The final starts live today at 21:00 CEST

The guy from Ukraine started with a vampire theme and a piano shaped coffin. A lot of pyrotechnics.

Spain has an actual couple singing a love song in a duet. Started a bit weak but not bad. German commentator said it's the perfect song for Disney Highschool Musical 4.:)

Slovenia: Eh, not my kind of music

Lithuania: A love ballad about getting old.

Austria: I see the song in the top ten.

Estonia: An opera style song with a video light show on the singers dress. Man, she can hit some high notes.

Norway: The guy who won 2009 with the song Fairytale is back. Can't put my finger on it but it sounds somewhat familiar. Not a winning song.

Portugal: Somber and sad song. Probably top ten.

UK: Of course the singer from the UK exits from a blue door in the introduction video. An asshole took her mic away during her performance. The song is forgettable however.

Serbia: Ethno techno pop. For a moment I honestly thought the three ladies doing a Nazi salute. But why is the singer constantly hiding behind the ladies?

Germany: Experts say this song will be in the top ten. I don't know. Will probably get enough votes just for sounding like Ed Sheran.

Albania: Looks kinda like Elijah Wood as a stage magician. lol

France: I don't know why but I like french songs. Simple but I like it.

Czech Republic: And here is the bullshit. They seriously dabbing.

Denmark: A song about a vikings and seeking peace. Not bad

Australia: Yes Australia. Really energetic performance. And the singer looks good. German commentator says she looks like a Christmas present,. I agree, looks like a present I want to open.

Finland: A song about monster or sometimg. The thing on the stage looks like a bacteriophage. The song itself sounds not unlike the last WM song.

Bulgaria: Lady Gaga, a Amish Guy and Alfonso Riberio ?? I must be really drunk. last third I guess.

Moldovia: Nice practical effects. I guess the song is about a woman having a affair with two guys. And they are also all twins.

Sweden: That sounded like a bad timberlake song.

Hungary: Heavy Metal. Didn't understand a word but I think that is not important. That is a lot of pyro on the stage by the way.

Netherlands: A country song. Kinda like Kid Rock. And he has four black dudes doing stunts for some reasons.

Ireland: Song about two dancing men. The winner?

Cyprus: The award for the most risque outfit goes to...

Italy: definitive the longest song title. also a political message. I don't know, maybe the middle field.

That were all 26 participants. Now the voting starts. And I finished a can of beer, a whole bottle of red wine and 3/4 bottle of cidre.

After the jury votes comes the audience votes and took everything upside down.
But like I said Isreal won.

And so the Eurovision Song contest is over. Nest year it will be in Israel.

Dave

Staff member
So what happened to Britain? What was that guy protesting? I've seen a meme or two, but nothing that explains anything.

And did you notice the singer's voice continued even though the mic was away from her face? Take THAT, Milli Vanilli!

Apparently this wasn't the first time he did something like that. He's calling himself Dr. A.C. and he his protesting the influence of media. The BBC claims he shouted "For the nazis of the UK media, we demand freedom" in the mic.

And yes noticed her voice continued.

Last year something similar happened:

Apparently this wasn't the first time he did something like that. He's calling himself Dr. A.C. and he his protesting the influence of media. The BBC claims he shouted "For the nazis of the UK media, we demand freedom" in the mic.

And yes noticed her voice continued.

Last year something similar happened:

And didn't Spain get a do-over the year before that because someone wandered on stage?