[Bug] Twitter posts not showing up

I have that happen all the time on PC with uBlock Origin enabled. You have to right-click the link and load it in a new tab, otherwise it gets blocked and just has "Loading tweet..." forever.
If you click on it once, the link goes away and then you can't even do that, so make sure your first click is the right one.

--Patrick

As of today the "loading tweet" placeholder has been replaced with a "Cannot load tweet. Disable your adblocker and tracking protection."

No, I was assuming this was on Twitter's end. We're surely not the only people this is affecting & while most people would assume their adblocker was affecting it they may not consider tracking protection & Twitter wanted them to know what to switch off.

No, I was assuming this was on Twitter's end. We're surely not the only people this is affecting & while most people would assume their adblocker was affecting it they may not consider tracking protection & Twitter wanted them to know what to switch off.
Well, looks like I'm not going to be able to see Amazon ads around here anymore, because if Twitter wants me to turn adblocker off...

For Firefox users there's a small shield icon on the left hand side of the address bar. Clicking this & selecting "Disable protection for this session." under Tracking Protection will make all tweets show up again. At least until you close & re-open Firefox.

Dave

Staff member
And remember, I've turned all ads off on this site. So anything that gets blocked will be in posts not the site itself.

GasBandit

Staff member
And remember, I've turned all ads off on this site. So anything that gets blocked will be in posts not the site itself.
I generally still keep it on, because those tricksy youtube embeds try to serve up ads, too, until AdNauseum has its way with things :D