[Other] Twitch Streaming Thread

Dave

Staff member
Depends would just look like underwear. The icons are kinda small. But the dentures thing might work.

Pepto
MoM
Werthers
Dentures
Prep-H
Donut cushion
Hip flask
Defibrillator
Pacemaker
Hospital gown
Wheelie IV stand
Shoe horn

...and that’s just what I can see from here.

—Patrick

Dave

Staff member
I don’t know what the hell happened today. I played almost three hours on PUBG. Averaged about 2-3 people. Switched to No Man’s Sky and shit exploded. At one point I had 63 people watching. At the end my average viewer count was 34. I got 8 new followers. My average 30 day viewer count went from 4.1 to 6.8.

Guess I’m a NMS streamer now!

Dave

Staff member
Found out that a site called IsThereAnyDeals had a deal on No Man's Sky. On that site they feature a random Twitch streamer. Apparently mine was featured Saturday, which is what drove those views. It was nice, though. :)

Dave

Staff member
I'm supposed to possibly stream tomorrow. Gonna do some Grim Dawn with a friend. But I just looked at my stats. Starting Monday I've streamed 52 hours 57 minutes this week.

Holy shit.

I'm supposed to possibly stream tomorrow. Gonna do some Grim Dawn with a friend. But I just looked at my stats. Starting Monday I've streamed 52 hours 57 minutes this week.

Holy shit.
How is Grim Dawn? I am just now downloading it and giving it a try. High hopes!

GasBandit

Staff member
If you like Diablo type games, it's an excellent example of the genre. It got a bit grindy for my taste in the midgame, but that's probably just me... these games typically do that sort of thing. I like how free you are to customize your character to your individual playstyle, and it's nigh impossible to make a bad choice on that front - I always felt overpowered, heh.

If you liked Diablo II, you'll like GD, no question. I haven't gotten any of the DLC yet but even the base game has an embarrassing amount of variety and choice for loadout and character customization.
I always felt overpowered, heh.
That starts to go away in your mid-30's. At least, it did for me until I spent a little time learning how the game works.

--Patrick

Yeah, I love the hell out of this so far. I don't have DLC yet, playing standard sword and board, but only the bosses make me go for the potions right now. It's very D2, you are all correct there.

I forsee a lot of my time being sucked up!

Dave

Staff member
This is what it looks like when a big streamer raids a small streamer. The numbers are a little misleading. Ashek (one of the absolute best PUBG players in the US) raided me with 273 people.

Dave

Staff member
The falloff was AMAZING!

They went from a pro-level player...to me. Not a good trade.

figmentPez

Staff member
I'm taking the first, tentative, steps into streaming.

I've streamed twice now. The first is lost, because I didn't think about setting it to archive the video. The second isn't on Twitch, because I found the setting that saves it to my HDD, not the one that keeps it on Twitch.

I'm thinking of streaming all of my playing Borderlands The Pre-Sequel, though I'm not sure if I'll have a consistent schedule or anything. I'm mostly doing this because I think talking, even to no one about nothing important, will help improve my depression.

Dave

Staff member
It's conversations like this that make me love streaming and Twitch. Talking about RimWorld:

Demoness84: They can be impotent.. Menopausal.. and if you have it and another mod (cant remember the name right off the bat) They can have their gentiles ripped off
CrankyOldDave: No! Not the Gentiles!
CrankyOldDave: What about the Jews?
Demoness84: I was doing a playthrough on stream and Sir ripped the Gentials off another pawn/viewer
JiggleBill: \me clutches his gentiles

GasBandit

Staff member
In "I'm surprised it took them this long to do this" news, Twitch has announced watch parties, where a partner or affiliate (which amazingly I am still an affiliate despite barely streaming anything over the last year) who has an amazon prime account can stream content directly from their amazon prime and watch it with other folks (viewers must also have amazon prime to join a watch party).

So, like, we could do a Halforums Movie Night or something like that.

Of course, if amazon prime is too high a hurdle for some people, I could technically do the same thing in discord with more... piratical.. methods... but one drawback that springs to mind is twitch at least has smart TV apps, whereas discord does not, so it might be harder for people to watch on a big screen (unless they put their laptop on an HDMI input or something, I guess)

Edit - oh, nevermind... I read that watch parties only work on desktop (firefox or chrome) now, so smart TVs are out.

Last edited: