[Other] Twitch Streaming Thread

Dave

Staff member
Okay so Friday night (after my son calls):
  1. Squidleybits
  2. Dave
  3. ??
  4. ??
Who's in for some Twitchy fun? I think we should use our Vent server as well.

Dave

Staff member
Okay so Friday night (after my son calls):
  1. Squidleybits
  2. Dave
  3. Ravenpoe
  4. ??
Who's in for some Twitchy fun? I think we should use our Vent server as well.

Dave

Staff member
I guess I never knew there WAS an Atlantic time zone. The US ends at Eastern and I thought that also encompassed Canada. I thought the next split wasn't until WGT, which is Western Greenland Time. TIL, man.

Is 10:30 too late for you?

GasBandit

Staff member
Actually I think there's a teeny tiny bit of Maine in the Atlantic time zone.

*google google* apparently not. Never mind.

Dave

Staff member
Okay, okay. So I forgot. I blame the wife taking me last minute to Wal*Mart. That and Pillars of Eternity.

I've got some days off and would be down to play a game or two. I haven't played d3 yet though so I won't be good!

We can get you to 70 pretty quickly if you'd like :)
Depending on the' experience you want to get out of the game, this can be handy and almost necessary. If you have time and patience, I would actually suggest playing through the story line at least once wit a class of your choice. While there are some hilariously crappy bits,it does help flesh out the characters, the followers, etc, and helps you get used to some of the genre conventions and D3's way of using them.
Start off on Normal, probably, but you should bump it up to Hard fairly quickly (seriously, still in Act I, once you've got *something* in every gear slot, pretty much).

@Dave could you set up the HF twitch to auto-broadcast forumites Twitch accounts? That way we can still use our own Twitch accounts, but if HF people want to see if anyone is up to anything, they can go to a centralized location.

Dave

Staff member
Can I do that? If you know how I'll give you the login and let you do it. It's a semi-public login as I'm giving it to anyone here who asks.

Can I do that? If you know how I'll give you the login and let you do it. It's a semi-public login as I'm giving it to anyone here who asks.
Sure, give it to me, I'm not sure if anyone can do it or if it's for Twitch Prime (which comes with Amazon Prime) only.

Heck, I stream all the time. If you want to see me 1v6 the enemy team and watch me get screamed at, log on around 930-10pm EST :p[DOUBLEPOST=1475540714,1475540617][/DOUBLEPOST]Also my twitch channel name is conveniently located in my steam name, which is conveniently listed in my signature below.

Heck, I stream all the time. If you want to see me 1v6 the enemy team and watch me get screamed at, log on arond 930-10pm EST :p
If you want to watch my point of view as Terrik dies, you can watch mine instead. ;)

Also your sig is cut off. ;)[DOUBLEPOST=1475540788,1475540719][/DOUBLEPOST]
Welp, I don't know why I had so much trouble with OBS before. twitch.tv/gasbandit is now a thing.
https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/setting-up-obs-with-twitch.117/

If you didn't already figure out everything.

GasBandit

Staff member
Gah, I'd forgotten how ugly twitch streams are. I get grouchy if my encodes for youtube videos are under 20 mbit... twitch limits you to 3.5 (and I think my internet can only handle 3... which is odd because it used to be 5... razzafraggin cable company).

Gah, I'd forgotten how ugly twitch streams are. I get grouchy if my encodes for youtube videos are under 20 mbit... twitch limits you to 3.5 (and I think my internet can only handle 3... which is odd because it used to be 5... razzafraggin cable company).
*snort* I use to encode better than that and I got "your videos are shit..".

Still my favorite intro

*snort* I use to encode better than that and I got "your videos are shit..".

Still my favorite intro
You videos were encoding really terribly. Super jaggy. They should look way better for the PC you have. :p They are slightly better now.